1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Recommendations for a $300 headphone? Help a Beats owner change his ways

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by 2pocketdeuces, Feb 2, 2013.
  1. 2pocketdeuces
    Can be $200-300 give or take I don't mind. 

I mainly listen to Hip Hop, Rap, and Pop. So good bass is a plus. I have a pair of Beats Mixrs and while I think they sound great I am going into a career soon and I am getting older. I don't see myself wearing these around the office and I still haven't even taken them outside of my house. They're a fashion statement and I'm a simple guy. 

I need professional help which is why I came here. I just want to know a good pair to listen to the music I listen to, that are comfortable enough where they can be used in outside settings. I was thinking of picking up Bose QC 15's but I've read many mixed reviews on this forum and I want to know if they are seen as another overpriced brand such as Beats?

I would really appreciate any help, I would also be willing to wait if there are any upcoming headphones on the horizon. 

2. 2pocketdeuces
    I just stumbled upon the V-Moda M-100's. Do they sound as good as they look?

I'm looking at these or the Bose QC 15's. I really wish Best Buy carried the V-Moda's as I have a lot of store credit. 

3. dasoundman
    V-modas are good. They are along the bass oriented side along with the Boses. I have listened to the m-80's and they seem to put out a lot of bass clearly when you want them to. If the m-100's are any like the m-80's they should be very good for your musical taste. 

4. GREQ
    If you need closed back headphones for isolation look into Sony MDR-R1. 
    I agree also on Beyers. They're a lot of fun with quality bass. 

5. wolfetan44
    Sony MDR-1R.