Recommendations for a $300 headphone? Help a Beats owner change his ways
Feb 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

2pocketdeuces

New Head-Fier
Can be $200-300 give or take I don't mind. 

I mainly listen to Hip Hop, Rap, and Pop. So good bass is a plus. I have a pair of Beats Mixrs and while I think they sound great I am going into a career soon and I am getting older. I don't see myself wearing these around the office and I still haven't even taken them outside of my house. They're a fashion statement and I'm a simple guy. 

I need professional help which is why I came here. I just want to know a good pair to listen to the music I listen to, that are comfortable enough where they can be used in outside settings. I was thinking of picking up Bose QC 15's but I've read many mixed reviews on this forum and I want to know if they are seen as another overpriced brand such as Beats?

I would really appreciate any help, I would also be willing to wait if there are any upcoming headphones on the horizon. 

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 5
I just stumbled upon the V-Moda M-100's. Do they sound as good as they look?

I'm looking at these or the Bose QC 15's. I really wish Best Buy carried the V-Moda's as I have a lot of store credit. 

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #3 of 5
V-modas are good. They are along the bass oriented side along with the Boses. I have listened to the m-80's and they seem to put out a lot of bass clearly when you want them to. If the m-100's are any like the m-80's they should be very good for your musical taste. 

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #4 of 5
If you need closed back headphones for isolation look into Sony MDR-R1. 
I agree also on Beyers. They're a lot of fun with quality bass. 

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 5
Sony MDR-1R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back