Recommendations for $40 in ear monitors?
May 28, 2013 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DoubleDee

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I'm looking for a new pair of earphones to replace my senheiser cx215. My budget is around $40-$50. I listen to mostly rock/pop/metal. I also listen to electro and club mixes, so I guess I need one which can play a variety of different music. I'm looking for earphones with good but not overpowering base. I'm new to the head fi community and I would really appreciate your views and comments! :D

Thanks!

May 29, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #2 of 2
I'd recommend either Meelectronics A151 or Sony XBA-1, both of which can be had in the $40 range.  The Meelectronics A161 are better than the 151, but you'd have to spend another $30 just to get a good refurbished pair on Amazon.  Problem is that you may find the XBA-1 to be lacking in bass and the A151 to be a tad warm, but very balanced otherwise.  You did say in-ear monitors, so I've suggested balanced armature monitors.  If you weren't intending to be that specific, then there are plenty of other dynamic driver options.  The RHA M450 are good for the genres you listed.  I'm certain there'll be many other suggestions, but those are my best suggestions.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back