Recommendation needed for noise-isolating headphones under $100
Jan 19, 2012 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

blownrx7

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for the best headphones under $100 that would serve me well on an airplane. I suffered with a pair of earbuds and quickly realized that I had to get something that would block out the airplane noise. I would go for a noise-cancelling type but I am afraid I would have to sacrifice sound quality to stay under $100.
I'm not ruling noise-cancelling out, I just don't know if there is something out there at this price-point that works well.
Any suggestions?
TIA

Jan 19, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #3 of 11
I like bass slam but I don't like mud.  I don't like bass at the expense of lower midrange detail.
Which ones in particular?
Oh yeah,extended-listening comfort is an important factor

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #4 of 11
Wow, no suggestions???
Yes,I know about the comprehensive list that breaks down the phones by price. I was just looking for some personal opinionsfrom people that have sampled a few that are up to date.
Anybody?

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
So you only want them for the airplane? How come if i am not too curious? you travel a lot?

Yes, pretty much just for airline travel.  I use an over the ear type for home (HD600) and seldom use headphones anywhere else except when travelling. I rarely travel but when I do, I want to be able to listen in sonic comfort.

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #7 of 11
Get an Etymotic MC5($59) or HF5($100). These IEMs  isolate very well.

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #8 of 11
JK1 suggestions are the best options regarding isolation. But take a look at westone 1 as well and Hisound Crystal. I had the Crystal for some days and i have to say that they are the most comfortable iems i had so far and isolation was really impressive. Sound is really capable as well. I sold them cause it seems i have some issues with ear pressure when iems isolate too much..

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #11 of 11
The Atrio M5 MG7 seems to have plenty of bass and great isolation.  I am just going by the sources I referenced, I haven't heard it. They actually describe the bass as basshead, so it might have too much bass. It is around $160 though. If you want something cheaper, the Atrio X seems like it might fit the bill at around $60. I guess it doesn't have the clarity of the M5 MG7. I haven't heard it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back