Recommendation needed for bass oriented iem
Jan 25, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #31 of 38
ZMan2k2,

I'm glad you are happy with m-duos. Have you had them burned-in? Even if you are not a believer of this, please consider doing it, it cannot hurt anything for sure.

Regarding your mentioning of your car's subwoofer, I also wonder, why there is no iem that can be as good or better? And, what is the current iems comes as much as close to it?

No, I haven't burned them in.  I'll give it a try though, I've got a few deep bass songs that will really break in the bass on these.

As for the subwoofer comment, that wasn't me, it was @ilikeiem
 .  But I think the bass is good on these.  Not as good as the 2 12" subs in my truck, but pretty good for an IEM in such a small package.

*edit* How much burn in is recommended for these?

Jan 26, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #32 of 38
Okay, burned in for about 24 hours. I can difinitively say, that with Comply Tsx400, the sibilance is tamed, and, with the bass turned up to 10 on the X3, it will shake your brain. Sound leakage at eardrum busting levels is very minimal with the Comply tips as well.

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #33 of 38
I would say try 50 hours to be sure.

I'm actually curious why iems cannot provide subwoofer experience. One would assume that being that close to ears it should provide better quality than subwoofer. But here we are, discussing what iem can provide the nearest possible quality.

How about woojer, would you be interested to try? (Google it)

Could you please send me one of the songs with deep bass?

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #35 of 38
Okay, burned in for about 24 hours. I can difinitively say, that with Comply Tsx400, the sibilance is tamed, and, with the bass turned up to 10 on the X3, it will shake your brain. Sound leakage at eardrum busting levels is very minimal with the Comply tips as well.

Really awesome to hear! Let us know how they are on the plane when you use them for that too. I've used other MEElectronics products for that purpose specifically, and they've been fantastic...

Jan 29, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #37 of 38

That's pretty cool. Thanks for the reviews. I've been looking for a 'bassy' IEM replacement. 

I've used MEElectronics's SP51 and I absolutely loved them. They provided great bass imo and also had a great mic for phone calls. However, I've had a problem with them, for some reason I lost sound in one ear and noticed that where the cord goes into the mic/remote was coming out slightly. Their customer service was so good, they shipped me a new pair (since it had been <1 year). Again with the second pair after a while of usage (this pair lasted longer) I also lost sound from one ear. This time if you held the cable near the 3.5mm jack at 'good' angle it worked.

I'm wondering (since you guys seem more experienced with MEElectronics stuff) is that a common thing? Or is it that I wasn't using them properly? I was using them everyday, mostly on phone but also PC, wrapped them and stored in the zipper case usually. How does the build quality on the M-Duos cable seem?

Jan 29, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #38 of 38
I would also like to know an IEM that can replicate a nice, big subwoofer with authoritative sub-bass. Most I've come across (read about) enhance mostly the mid-bass region which is a no-no for me.

I think the JVC fxz200 and Sony XB90 are good for sub-bass but not tried/bought any of them due to the jvc's looks (too big lol!) and the sony's possible isolation issues due to the large vents (anyone got experience of the Sony's)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back