Recommendation needed for bass oriented iem
Jan 20, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #16 of 38
What the bad reviews on Amazon don't seem to realize (and what MEElectronics's Customer Service always replies) is that MEElectronics has a one year warranty on virtually all of the headphones and earphones they sell. What they're saying is that they believe in what they sell, and they don't sell crap
That's awesome, as MEElectronics have now actually partnered with Comply on their new M6 PRO IEMs. I'm told they go very well together, but I've always been partial to the triple flanges (and use them on all my MEElec stuff. :wink_face:  

I seen that their customer service is very responsive indeed. However I'll be ordering to Laos where I currently reside. In case of warranty issues will I have to pay for shipment charges?
And, what would be your opinion if to compare them to Vpulse?

Jan 20, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #17 of 38
I seen that their customer service is very responsive indeed. However I'll be ordering to Laos where I currently reside. In case of warranty issues will I have to pay for shipment charges?
And, what would be your opinion if to compare them to Vpulse?

I've never tried any Vpulse headphone you're referring to, so I can't answer that. 

In my experience with them here's what happened: I was adjusting the memory wire on my M6, and it snapped. I tried using it as it was, but it wasn't comfortable. So I shot MEElectronics an email, and they got back to me immediately. Basically I sent some photos of what happened, and they mentioned that it wasn't a very frequent issue, and they would send another out immediately, which they did. I live in Canada (I believe they're based in the US), and there was no shipping fee. It clearly addresses this in the link I posted earlier (their warranty info).

Jan 21, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #18 of 38
Vpulse is the only velodynes' iem. If there is a place near you where you could try Vpulse?

I was also recommended hippo VB, please let me know if you have tried them.

Well, I appreciate your recommendation and currently I'm considering buying the m-duos.

Tell me please, what is the difference in sound overall, details, soundstage and especially bass and subbass between m-duos and the other one you have recommended in your first reply?

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #20 of 38
So, I have the M-Duo's now. I don't have the Comply tips yet, though. I've given the Duo's a listen on my phone, streaming radio, and there could be promise here. I'm currently converting tags on my microSD card right now, so I haven't tried them with the X3 yet. Give me a day or two to really evaluate them.

Jan 22, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #21 of 38
So, I have the M-Duo's now. I don't have the Comply tips yet, though. I've given the Duo's a listen on my phone, streaming radio, and there could be promise here. I'm currently converting tags on my microSD card right now, so I haven't tried them with the X3 yet. Give me a day or two to really evaluate them.

Oh great! I see by your sig you're also using the FS Atrios - they're also fantastic IEMs as well! I'm sure others would appreciate you comparing the M-Duos in contrast with the Atrios, as I would. :)

Jan 22, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #22 of 38
Okay, first a little on the M-Duo's.  They are a little sibilant.  High hats in rap are a little hard to listen to at high volume for too long.  I had to turn down the hardware treble setting on my X3 a couple notches, which smoothed it out quite nicely.  Bass is good on 0 setting, and really good on 10 setting.  You can feel the air move in your ear canal, giving you a little tingle down your neck, it's cool.  Reminds me of the JVC SZ-1000 over ears I had, with great head-shaking bass.

As for construction, the wire is nice.  It's soft, and resistant to kinks or tangles.  Has a universal mic and one-button remote on the left ear wire, I haven't tried it yet, but I'll give it a try on my XBoxOne, to see if the mic works.  If so, then android is covered, and plastered on the box is iPod/iPhone compatibility.  The looks are great.  Metal earpieces that are light, and easy to insert, and are comfortable on long listening sessions.  They aren't heavy at all.  Right now, I'm using the supplied silicone tips, as my Comply tips haven't shown up yet, but I prefer Comply's.  My feeling is that they will improve the sealing and give even more bass feeling.

As a comparison to the Atrio Mg7's that I currently own, well, I'll give my less than professional comparison.  The M-Duo's bass is more "feeling" to it, like a physical sensation.  The Atrio's, the bass is there, in copious amounts, but you don't "feel" it.  As for looks, there's no comparison, the M-Duo's win that hands down, with they're sexy metal housings compared to the plastic build of the Atrio's.  Sound wise, the Atrio's have a bit of an edge here, only because I don't have to tame the sibilance of them with the hardware treble controls on my X3.  I have the treble setting at 0.  The M-Duo's, I have to turn the treble down 2 notches, just to keep the treble in check, so as not to get tired listening to them.  The M-Duo's sound good, but I have to give it to the Atrio's here.  

Personally, I'm keeping the M-Duo's, and the Atrio's.  I'm going on a trip soon, and I'll bring both, and give them a real workout on the total 12-hours of flying that I have to look forward to.  This will also give me a better impression of which blocks more noise, and can be turned louder without annoying the person beside you.  But I'm impressed with the M-Duo's, IEM bass has definitely improved since the 6-years that I bought the Atrio's.

Jan 22, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #23 of 38
Awesome - I'm glad to hear that you like them. To me, their frequency response isn't as useful to me as the M6s or M9s, but still very much enjoyable for listening purposes. Just like all MEElectronics earphones, though, they're suuperrrr comfortable (and for long periods of time, as you mentioned). 

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #24 of 38
Yes, I am liking them.  I tried the different tips in the case today too.  I sit on the sofa, and ask my daughter and wife if they can hear me.  I'm trying to get an idea of what it would sound like on a plane, so I don't annoy anyone around me with loud music.  Well, I had the tips that came on them, the medium silicone, and they said they could hear some sound.  This was at 85 and low gain on my X3.  So I swapped out to the triple flange tips, and left the volume the same.  Different outcome.  They said they couldn't hear a thing.  Definitely a positive.  I'm pleased that the metal bodies of the Duo's keeps the sound in, and doesn't ring when at loud volume.  The Atrio's, well, they leak sound even with Comply Professional tips on them.  I assume that's because they are made of plastic, and the sound can leak from the plastic.  So, +1 for the Duo's.  Can't wait to try them with Comply tips, that should take care of the sound leak problem that I had with the standard tips, as I don't like the deep insertion of the triple flange tips.  

One thing I should mention, the bass improved with the triple flange tips, I think because of the better seal.  So the Comply's should help too.

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #25 of 38
  Yes, I am liking them.  I tried the different tips in the case today too.  I sit on the sofa, and ask my daughter and wife if they can hear me.  I'm trying to get an idea of what it would sound like on a plane, so I don't annoy anyone around me with loud music.  Well, I had the tips that came on them, the medium silicone, and they said they could hear some sound.  This was at 85 and low gain on my X3.  So I swapped out to the triple flange tips, and left the volume the same.  Different outcome.  They said they couldn't hear a thing.  Definitely a positive.  I'm pleased that the metal bodies of the Duo's keeps the sound in, and doesn't ring when at loud volume.  The Atrio's, well, they leak sound even with Comply Professional tips on them.  I assume that's because they are made of plastic, and the sound can leak from the plastic.  So, +1 for the Duo's.  Can't wait to try them with Comply tips, that should take care of the sound leak problem that I had with the standard tips, as I don't like the deep insertion of the triple flange tips.  

One thing I should mention, the bass improved with the triple flange tips, I think because of the better seal.  So the Comply's should help too.

I ALWAYS use triple flange tips with MEElectronics stuff - I should have mentioned that earlier. And it's for the same reasons that you mentioned: better seal, more bass, AND more comfort. I even use the MEElec triple flanges on the M9 Classics - and they don't even come stock with the triple flange tips. Leak isn't usually a problem for me, but it's good to know that no one can hear my music either. :)

Jan 24, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #26 of 38

Good to hear positive outcome with the triple flanges.
Have you tried the Sony Hybrid tips (silicone with foam stuffed inside) to help with the leakage?

Jan 24, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #27 of 38
Good to hear positive outcome with the triple flanges.
Have you tried the Sony Hybrid tips (silicone with foam stuffed inside) to help with the leakage?

No I have not.  I'm a big fan of the Comply tips, and they were supposed to arrive yesterday, but for some reason, delivery got delayed.  So I should get them Monday.  I have pretty waxy ears, so I like the Tsx400 with the wax filter in them, gives me peace of mind that my ears are not going to ruin some nice earbuds.  But the triple flange tips are nice too, especially for bass presentation.  I'm just not a fan of the deep insertion.  I find I can only take it for an hour or so, then I have to pull them out.  With the Comply's, I've had earbuds in for 8+ hours, and not experience any discomfort or problems.  I used to have some Jaybird JaybudX bluetooth earbuds, and used them while working as a mailman, walking and delivering mail.  Never had a problem of them falling out or anything like that.  So I swear by the Comply's.  Besides, I wouldn't know where to look for the Sony tips.  Maybe on Amazon, but the Sony stores in Canada are closing, and the shelves are pretty bare.  All the inexpensive stuff is gone, and I never saw any tips.  I'll look for them, but I get a good price for a 5pack of Comply's, direct from Comply, so I'll compare price too.

Jan 24, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #28 of 38
Yeah Complys are great for seal and comfort, I have a pair myself that I use for my Klipsch X10s.

You can get the Sony Hybrids from Amazon Japan and then use a forwarding service like Tenso to ship them where you want. Really good and efficient service!

Sony Hybrids

Tenso

Its a bit of a hassle I know but sometimes you can get stuff much cheaper on Amazon jp and the shipping/handling costs used by tenso are reasonable

Jan 25, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #29 of 38
That seems pretty complicated to get some $5 eartips, I think I'll stick with the Comply's.  They should be here Monday, and I'll report back how the bass, sound leakage, and isolation either improve or suffer with the Tsx400 tips I ordered.

I did try the bi-flange tips, and the isolation is still good on those, and bass doesn't suffer at all.  I don't have anyone at home to see how the leakage is yet, but I'll report back on that too.  I like the bi-flange tips a little more, as the insertion isn't as deep, and is more comfortable to me, and I can see using them for longer listening sessions.

Jan 25, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #30 of 38
ZMan2k2,

I'm glad you are happy with m-duos. Have you had them burned-in? Even if you are not a believer of this, please consider doing it.

Regarding your mentioning of your car's subwoofer, I wonder, why there is no iem that can be as good or better? And, what is the iem that comes closest to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back