Recommendation for first pair of headphones
Apr 1, 2012 at 6:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

geofree

New Head-Fier
HI guys, I have been using IEM for quite some time now and have finally decide to move on to trying out Headphones, due to their wider soundstage offered, and better sound quality in overall.
I am a user of the Shure SE 535 limited edition currently.
I am looking for headphones which are detailed, and at the same time deliver tight bass.
My price budget for these headphones would be around 500SGD?

any recommendation?

Apr 1, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #4 of 14
err basically most of my music are 320kbps flac or alac.
i use a ipod with a govibe magnum amplifier. (mainly for portable use)
Since i already have an on the go pair of IEM probably would not bring my headphones out often.

Basically im looking for easy to drive headphones as i have a tight budget and would not want to spend extra on an additional amp

Song I listen to are probably adale, aerosmith, greenday, paramore.

Im not really looking for sound perfection but instead a more fun enjoyable music experience.

Apr 1, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #5 of 14
If the Sennheiser HD598s are out of your budget try the Audio Technica ATH  M50. If it's still out of your budget, there are some 70$ Grados everybody is talking about that are excellent for the price.
EDIT: I just found out your budget is around 400$. I would highly recommend the HD 598s. They are incredibly easy to drive and sound really nice, look amazing, and feel really great. Even a Fiio E7 can fully Drive them.

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #7 of 14
I know that the grados are pretty good. can anyone explain the difference between the prestige series and music series.
On second thought, was thinking of starting off from the cheaper headphones. Slowly learn more bout it and upgrade in the process.

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #8 of 14
Since your budget is limited you might try the panasonic htf-600's. It is a very inexpensive way to sample some pretty nice head fi. These go for about $30 shipped. They will not disappoint for the money. They sound as good as any $100 hp that I've owned.

good luck!!

Apr 1, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #11 of 14

Quote:
What do you all think bout the AKG K550?
It's a new model. And heard that it got superb sound staging effect. Similar to that of an opened back headphone

Get the K550 and do a detailed review on it.

Apr 1, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #12 of 14

Quote:
Get the K550 and do a detailed review on it.

Using him as a guinea pig huh? 
etysmile.gif

I've heard great things about the K550 , very similar to the Denon D2000's (Denon still holds a slight edge for sub bass). I've heard they are extremely comfortable as well. Might be worth it just make sure you buy it from Amazon so you can return it with ease if you don't like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back