Recommendation for earphones?( Beginner )
Oct 1, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #31 of 40
As an EX-man, I think I should recommend the EX600 
biggrin.gif

My friend, who was never really into hi-fi audio, tried my EX600's at my house a couple of weeks ago and was so blown away that he ordered himself a pair! They are magnificent IEMs, and the price/performance ratio is just astounding. As you can see, I rate them among the best universal IEMs you can buy. And they are only $130...

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #32 of 40
I have a very similar experience to share. My cousin owned the MTPG for over a year (which he was extremely pleased with), and it took him but 5 minutes (no exaggeration) with my EX600's before he ordered his own pair, and sold off his MTPG on eBay that very same week. He's been ecstatic since. Needless to say, that doesn't necessarily mean the EX600 is the end all be all of in-ears, but for what it's worth, it's undoubtedly among the best price:performance in-ears out there, as is the GR07 IMO. As per the OP, it's also an excellent beginner in-ear, as it's an all rounder, and sounds great with just about any genre.

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #34 of 40
If you head to Stereo at PS, do remember to head up to level 6 to audition the Vsonic GR07 at Toy Outpost too.

http://lendmeurears.com/index.php?cPath=13&osCsid=9eff757df0799684f675213178956770

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #35 of 40
Consider the Vsonic GR07, they really are excellent iems. They do pop well as the bass is controlled yet it still can hit hard when told so. It is also very portable, being lightweight, compact and quite well built. Only cons are the cable can be stiff at first and sibilance, once burned in is very slight yet when the tracks have sibilance, the GR07 hisses quite a bit. 

I'm not too sure about classical, but they definitely do have the speed and neutrality for it.

Good luck on your search!

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #36 of 40
Was researching again. and i read that frequency level should be ignored. While earphones with Higher impedance may affect volume of the audio while lower impedance may affect the sound quality? Like the formula Voltage = Current X Resistance...

Oct 2, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #39 of 40
I also agree on the GR07 but have to say I never really have heard the sibilance other talk about. I find the treble just about perfect with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back