Recommendation for earphones?( Beginner )
Sep 26, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #16 of 40

Quote:
i believe you can go for either the westones 2 or UE700s. the denons c510s are not bad as well. i think you might need something balanced and yet bright sounding? but yep leynar is right nothing beats trying for yourself at those stores. i've bought from both before and i believe both have really good range of equipment. the radius DDMs sound funny to me though, i'm not sure if it's a placebo effect (i knew they were dynamics and i don't really like dynamic driver sounds. other than my first metrofi, which unfortunately doesn't work any longer)

The UE 700 has very little bass so it may not be a great choice especially for "modern music".

Sep 26, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #17 of 40
true true. but i've never been a bass head. but if you amp it it can actually put out quite good bass. it depends on which way you consider bass though.

Quote:
The UE 700 has very little bass so it may not be a great choice especially for "modern music".

Sep 27, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #22 of 40
ohh yeah forgot to say. shure 535 might be ur taste. very well controlled (not boomy or overbloated) bass. Very very good earphones for accoustic and classic. if you can afford a bit more money on that. u won't regret. one of the best universal IEMs.

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #26 of 40

Quote:
I read that westone UM series targets professional musicians. Are the targeted at rock/pop/jazz..etc musicians? Or classical as well.

The UM series is not really bass heavy. It punches well and I think my Westone 4 is more on the neutral side than on the "fun" side. Classical needs balanced iems and the Westones imho suits classical music well.

Oct 1, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #27 of 40
Was looking around these days. In worst case, i cant offer westone 2. I noticed shure 215 is a dynamic driver, arent balanced armature better? If i want to go for a budget balanced armature earphones, any recommendations? So far i found the Brainwavz B2 the most affordable duo balanced armature earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back