Recommend me super-cheap cans.
Apr 11, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #16 of 21
I wear glasses and find clip-ons quite awkward. Also I don't need portable phones, because A. I have some already, and B.I rarely ever use cans on the go. These are going to be almost exclusively computer phones, for times when I can't use my speakers.

As for saving up more money, I spent a rather foolish amount of money on my speaker setup and thus want to use it as much as possible in order to get my money's worth.

Anyway, my last headphones, died a rather nasty death after being stepped on one groggy morning.

Apr 11, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #17 of 21
So far I think I'm going to go with either the Labtec Elite 840/Creative HQ-1300 or Gemini Eggphones or Maxell HP-2000.

My old headphones were Panasonic RP-HT711, extremely comfortable and decent sound.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Apr 11, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Honeybadger
Cheap is as cheap does. $20 with shipping? Gads man, things couldn't be that bad could they? $20 will get me a half of a tank of gas in my car, and that will last 3 days. Save a few more quarters and you'll vastly improve your chances of getting exceptable sound.

What the HELL do you drive?

Apr 11, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #19 of 21
Maybe the same Chevy van that my older sister used to have back in the day for our janitorial work commute-it had a 454 that sorely needed a tuneup. Man, it sucked, but it was roomy.

Apr 19, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
What the HELL do you drive?

It's just a modern van with a V6 engine, but I live in San Francisco where gas is $2.70+ for regular. Hardly want to cross the Bay Bridge to go to Berkeley for a Top Dog anymore. $3.50 for gas +$3.00 for the bridge toll, $2.75 for a dog +$1.60 for a drink =$10.85. Four trips and you could buy some Sennheiser PX 100's. Remember, no one is getting out of this passion play alive, so spend some money and have some fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back