Recommend me some phones for my birthday!
Mar 23, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #17 of 28
I find it unsettling for some reason.

Well, I have DT220s, which look like mini (sorta) DT770s. The thing holding the cups is metal glued to swiveling plastic.

Mar 23, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #18 of 28
It creeps me out, in a good way.

So the dt770 are durable as hell, thats good. And comfort? Honestly, i know they are crap but the sony v6 and the bose triport are way comfy to me. How are the dt770 and the denon d2000? i think its between those two. Both i think will be quite a setup up from my equations.

Mar 23, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find it unsettling for some reason.

I don't understand it. Who is it and why is it unsettling?

Mar 23, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by srrdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It creeps me out, in a good way.

So the dt770 are durable as hell, thats good. And comfort? Honestly, i know they are crap but the sony v6 and the bose triport are way comfy to me. How are the dt770 and the denon d2000? i think its between those two. Both i think will be quite a setup up from my equations.

First post I've seen saying the Sony V6 if crap. If you think the V6 is crap, you may find a lot of headphones to be crap

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengt77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still get a little upset everytime I see your avatar. It's just not right...
confused_face.gif

I love it, Obama has yet to do anything that makes me think otherwise. I love how convincing Obama is about the missile defense system.

Mar 23, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First post I've seen saying the Sony V6 if crap. If you think the V6 is crap, you may find a lot of headphones to be crap

Are we talking about the same cheapy v6 things they sell at frys for like 270 dollars?

Mar 23, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #23 of 28
Yep, it's well liked here and by audio professionals. People who make a living making music in the studio use that "crap" But then what do you expect using a Studio Monitoring headphone with a flat response for pleasure music listening. /shrug whatever, call it crap if it makes you feel better or elitist.

As for the DT770, they use big puffy velour pads. Take a wild guess if they are comfy or painful? Yes they are painful to use, that's why they are highly recommended.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Yep, it's well liked here and by audio professionals. People who make a living making music in the studio use that "crap" But then what do you expect using a Studio Monitoring headphone with a flat response for pleasure music listening. /shrug whatever, call it crap if it makes you feel better or elitist.

As for the DT770, they use big puffy velour pads. Take a wild guess if they are comfy or painful? Yes they are painful to use, that's why they are highly recommended.
rolleyes.gif

Im not being elitist, i played with the and found them to be cheap feeling and overpriced. My impression when using them is that there werent worth anything near 270 bucks is all. Now i ask about comfort because the rp-22x and rp21 came highly recomended but i DO find them painful. You make it sound as if its not possible to be recommended and uncomfortable. You could make the pads on the rp-22x fluffy but they would still sit on your ears instead of around your ears, so i think its a perfectly valid question. I appreciate your previous help but you dont have to be a dick to me.

Mar 23, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by srrdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im not being elitist, i played with the and found them to be cheap feeling and overpriced. My impression when using them is that there werent worth anything near 270 bucks is all. Now i ask about comfort because the rp-22x and rp21 came highly recomended but i DO find them painful. You make it sound as if its not possible to be recommended and uncomfortable. You could make the pads on the rp-22x fluffy but they would still sit on your ears instead of around your ears, so i think its a perfectly valid question. I appreciate your previous help but you dont have to be a dick to me.

270 USD?

80 USD including shipping inside USA at ebay.
It's the shop that's ripping you off, not sony. Then again, I guess they're selling them at that price because people will buy them for that price, so your real enemy is stupid consumers, but that's not really news.

Mar 23, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #26 of 28
I'm jumping on the DT770 bandwagon. These are some of the comfiest cans I've ever worn, and short of repeatedly running them over with a motor vehicle, I'd say they're pretty much indestructible. They've also got a really fun sound, with a thumping bass and bright, sparkly highs.

I very much prefer my set of Grados (225/325is) to these for rock and metal, but when I want to chill out and relax with something that has a smooth sound and is really comfy, the DT770 do the trick. I especially enjoy them with electronic/trance music.

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a bush/obama clone.

Oh I see now...

DAMN. That's scary.

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

If you break the DT770s, please post here of how you broke them, as I'm sure it would be an epic story.

Sad that my 2005 consumer version is made out of plastic...
angry_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back