recommend me an IEM for sleeping.
Apr 27, 2010 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

candy287

100+ Head-Fier
Well, im looking for an IEM when going to bed. I cant have music playing on my stereo since my better half wont let me. I need something with an awesome comfort and doesnt hurt my ears while resting on my side. As for music, i listen to slow rock / oldies, mostly to linda rosntadt , and bread/david gates. I've read that the PL50 has an awesome comfort , any comment on this would be greatly appreciated or any IEM on that matter.

thanks.
popcorn.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #2 of 22
I always go to sleep in IEMs. So far in terms of sleeping comfort it's been:

ATH-CK10 = Soundmagic PL50 => Jays Q-Jays > Soundmagic PL30 = Meelec M6 > JVC AirCushion = Yamaha EPH-20 >> rest.

So yes, the PL50 is extremely comfortable. Works fine with your music choices as well.

Apr 27, 2010 at 8:24 AM Post #3 of 22
On the topic of sleep, that's something I'm trying to get back to, but I remember seeing this thread: Value Outer-Canal Phone (CX-95, EX-71, EP-630, etc.)? - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

The only ones I can speak for personally are the cx300/ep630 and the cx400, which are in my ears at the moment. They have a reputation for comfort which I think is well-deserved (the silicone tips being especially soft is part of it), are low-profile and have shallow insertion. The cx300/ep630 also have a rep for a fun sound but with comparatively muddy bass. The CX400s are an upgrade and I really like the sound but I can't really compare them because I haven't listened to too much else, especially with IEMs.

Even though I think they'd do well for you in comfort and what you listen to, I can't help thinking you can do considerably better with newer offerings, like the PL50. The Visang R03 looks like it might be good for you too. ViSang R03 Review: A Budget-fi Paradigm Shift - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

I have one on order here Brainwavz M2 IEM Earphones PREORDER [Brainwavz_M2_PRE] - $49.50 : MP4 Nation!, :: Low Priced MP4, MP3 Players and the latest scoop on the newest MP4 Player(same earphone, different brand) for 49.50.

Time to try to get back to sleep...one last thing about sleeping, I can highly recommend this Amazon.com: Delta Sleep System: Dr. Jeffrey D. Thompson: Music Rip to flac and set to a relatively low volume. Just remember to set it to repeat, or you might wake up like I just did.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back