recommend me an amp, low budget
Jul 22, 2005 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

haastyle

Head-Fier
Hi!

I am going to buy a chaintech av710 sound card, I have an audio technica ath 900 pair of headphones, i was just wondering do i really need an amp? they are 40 ohms, but i heard the chaintech really don't have any headphone amplification, so could someone recommend me a cheap amp, well under $100 bucks if possible.

Thanks a lot!

Jul 22, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #2 of 6
govibe if youre after an open / airy presentation.
PA2 if you want midrange projection and bass slam.

do a search for PA2... you should find the comparison I posted.

I have yet to hear a low impedence can that didnt benefeit from amplification.. some quite dramatically (e2c).

Garrett

Jul 22, 2005 at 9:56 AM Post #3 of 6
The A900 is known for not needing and not benefitting much from an amp (especially lower priced ones). I wouldn't buy one for the A900 if I were you.

-Taurui

Jul 22, 2005 at 10:14 AM Post #5 of 6
...Or check out www.z-audio.com, Zemo's website. The Epsilon and Mu are quite great amps in their price range, and I've got an Epsilon coming on the way (wish it were here already, you hear that, USPS?). For some reason, I can't get a line out from my AV710, but the optical output works. This might be a problem when I get that amp, because I need to make use of that analog output with those Wolfson DAC's I've heard so much about! (PM for help?)
5000smile.gif
Abe

Jul 26, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #6 of 6
thanks guys !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back