Recommend Me a Pair of IEMs
Dec 31, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should really scour for a UM1. It's pleasantly warm, low-profile, and MUCH more comfortable than the Super.fi 5 Pro. Isolation, a key factor for you, is also easily superior.

I've found some UM1s for $150 CAD, or about $120 USD. Is that a reasonable enough deal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how often are you going to use them?

no point in putting (alot of) cash for something you'll only use a few times a week.

I'm going to be using them daily for about two hours.

Keep the comparisons coming!

Dec 31, 2006 at 7:38 AM Post #18 of 23
UE Superfi 3s. These retail for USD80 plus? And with user replaceable cables, these could potentially last you for a long time. You could also save some money for a better DAP.

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:28 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sybaek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chalk a vote up for some Super.Fi 5 Pro's. The have very filled out mid and low. I previously owned a pair of Ety ER-6i's. They are the ones with a more extended bassn than the ER-6, but I found them to be very analytical and a bit uncomfortable...

Alright. really uncomfortable. It always felt like my ear and been f*(@#ed after I pulled them out. The SF5P are very comfortable. especially with the reverse mod.

I don't think he even wants to test them out... I'm not sure why..
We've mentioned it a bunch of times to him, but in his responses he keeps making it like it doesn't exist, so maybe we should just give it up...
blink.gif
tongue.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #21 of 23
Since you've found the UM1's then I'd suggest giving them a go as long as you can exchange them if you don't like the sound signature. They are the most comfortable out of the bunch.

Dec 31, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by potatotron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you say that the clarity and midrange benefits in the E4s or the bass and soundstage benefits in the IE-30s are worth the tradeoffs in cost and comfort?

Also, how much bigger are the IE-30s than the E4s? Do either of those stick out awkwardly?

SuperFi5's are much bigger than the E4s thus sticking out more too. They also don't look as good as the E4s IMHO. They sound totally different, it's really up to personal preference.

I would suggest you take a chance to try them out before jumping on either one. Where do you live? I know some stores in GTA that you can demo the Shure's.

Dec 31, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek8555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SuperFi5's are much bigger than the E4s thus sticking out more too. They also don't look as good as the E4s IMHO. They sound totally different, it's really up to personal preference.

I would suggest you take a chance to try them out before jumping on either one. Where do you live? I know some stores in GTA that you can demo the Shure's.

I live in Calgary, and I'm going to phone around a bit today to check the return policies for the various stores. Hopefully the one that stocks the M-Audios has a lenient one because while I'm interested in them for the replaceable cord, I'm concerned they may not fit correctly. I think I might end up going for the Westones in the end, however, because I like their low profile.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back