Recommend me a mouse
Jul 25, 2008 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

Seaside

500+ Head-Fier
I am using MS comfort optical 3000 mouse at home. It was ok so far for two years, Then its right button is failing. I guess its time to get a new one.

I am not a heavy gamer, so simple 2 button mouse with wheel would be ok for me. But I do play games occasionally and I want it to be smooth and responsive at games too.

Is your wireless mouse getting sluggish or delayed while you're on FSP game? If yes, I may stick to wired mouse.

So, recommend me a mouse, guys. Thanks.

Jul 25, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #3 of 51
Since you dont game that much, I think any wired optical mouse with good shape for your hand will do. If you like the shape of comfort 3000 you might want to consider the Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. I myself use razer copperhead with hyperglide feet and ultimat.

Jul 25, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 51
always use a wired mouse for gaming
smily_headphones1.gif
logitech g5 ftw
biggrin.gif
( i want g9 tough..)

Jul 26, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #6 of 51
I won a Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 in a magazine and it has since replaced my MX510. IMO, it's fine in games and is VERY comfortable. Battery lasts for ages too (the first set I had lasted for 6 months).

Jul 26, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #7 of 51
I use a Logitech MX revolution. Love it. Though, I don't game much with it, so I don't know if there would be much of a delay. The ergonomics are really great though.

Jul 26, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #8 of 51
From my personal experience:
I didnt like the G5 for gaming. Prefered the Razer deathadder over the g5. I prefered logitech's mx500/510/518 to the G5. Faster movements in the end just felt more accurate to me on those mice, as opposed to the G5.
I've not had a chance to compare the deathadder directly to the mx500/510/518.

The only mouse I try to avoid using is MS IE 3.0 (classic, and re-release), just feels sluggish to me no matter how much I try. Many people however enjoy this mouse, I'm just not one of them.

--My family has a logitech MX1000 (wireless), it does not perform well in my opinion. I've read good reviews, and friends have told me, that the MX Revolution has decent wireless performance in the past. No idea on current gen wireless mice.

Jul 26, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #9 of 51
I have the Razer Copperhead and I CANNOT recommend it enough. For gaming, I was just amazed at how it made my skill level and kill count go through the roof, and even for regular web browsing and windows usage, it's just brutally accurate, and once you take a few days to get used to its sensitivity, everything else will feel awful and slow.

The other cool thing about this mouse is that it works very well both as a palm mouse and as a finger mouse, which I prefer.

Jul 26, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #12 of 51
I'd try a few mouses hands-on. Big electronic stores around here have most mouses on display, so you can test run each. I would suggest a Razer or a high end Logitech (MX518, G series). Be aware that there is a huge difference between two main types of mouses: fingertip mouses and palm mouses. Razers are usually fingertip mouses (I have a Diamondback), while Logitechs are usually palm mouses (I have an MX518). Try them to see which type you prefer.

Jul 26, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #13 of 51
Logitech mice are nice and pretty durable, I have also used microsoft mouse (I have one) however I don't love it because the scroll wheel gets gunked up often and I have had to clean it a few times, it doesn't rotate smoothly to the point where it barely rolls without middle clicking. Razer seems to be a good brand also

Jul 26, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #14 of 51
My only complaint with Razer is that the overall build quality of their products is absolutely horrible. The cord went bad on mine within a week of getting it (bad design, ebay mouse, what do you expect?), so I replaced it myself. Logitech's mice are really much, much better mice, it's just that their high-end mice are palm-only, and I'm a fingertip user. Microsoft also tends towards palm, but they have a borader spectrum and their mice are a little more flexible and comfortable, frankly.

Overall, though, I think Logitech is easily the best brand in terms of mice, but Razer's product responds so much better and feels so much better that it's worth putting up with the plasticy feel.

Jul 26, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #15 of 51
Razer DeathAdder is the best.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back