Recommend Me a Headphone with a good Mic for about... $50
Aug 30, 2014 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

shorty920

100+ Head-Fier
My mom likes to sing songs on her iphone and record herself. She's using the earbuds with mic that came with the iphone 5, but she wants something over the ear and better. The budget I've set a budget of about $50, but if it's really worth the extra money to upgrade, we can go over. We like value and quality both. 

So basically the only criteria is:
- Headphones with mic + mic control that works with iPhone
- around $50
- Good quality mic and sound (mic quality is more important tho)

I found the Klipsch Image S4i with mic and the price is right. People seem to complain about durability and wire noise tho, and it's an in-ear bud. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated and well-considered :). Thanks

Sep 11, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #4 of 6
The only thing I'd touch at that price without personal assembly required would be the KTC Koss PortaPro.  Might not be the best mic, probably isn't, but the headphones will be a step up enough to cover that.

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #5 of 6
  The only thing I'd touch at that price without personal assembly required would be the KTC Koss PortaPro.  Might not be the best mic, probably isn't, but the headphones will be a step up enough to cover that.

Honestly, I didn't even think of that. I've always heard that the Porta Pros were great value headphones that just looked bad. I didn't realize they had a mic on them as well. 

What would you recommend if I bumped up the price to something that has a decent mic AND that sounds good? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back