Recommend cable for he500 with digital source?
Nov 20, 2012 at 3:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hun009

New Head-Fier
Hi, I just brought a he500 which is on the way now. But I am confused about choosing the upgrade cables. I use Logitech transporter and little dot mk7+ to be the front end and want the cable with xlr. With these digital source(usually cold) it seems copper cable would give me a warmer voice. However, silver cable would give he500 more transparent(the hifiman changed the cable of he500 once from copper to silver). So would a copper-silver hybrid cable be a good solution? I really have no idea... Thanks for any recommendation
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hi, I just brought a he500 which is on the way now. But I am confused about choosing the upgrade cables. I use Logitech transporter and little dot mk7+ to be the front end and want the cable with xlr. With these digital source(usually cold) it seems copper cable would give me a warmer voice. However, silver cable would give he500 more transparent(the hifiman changed the cable of he500 once from copper to silver). So would a copper-silver hybrid cable be a good solution? I really have no idea... Thanks for any recommendation
smily_headphones1.gif

Heya,

I would have a custom cable made instead. Have Brian over at BTG audio make you a custom cable for Hifimans that terminates to whatever you want it to, with adapters if necessary, for balanced or just XLR depending on your goal, made of copper, braided, and in a sheath. It'll cost less than a stock Hifiman cable and be superior, custom, lighter weight.

I did it to mine.

Very best,

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Heya,

I would have a custom cable made instead. Have Brian over at BTG audio make you a custom cable for Hifimans that terminates to whatever you want it to, with adapters if necessary, for balanced or just XLR depending on your goal, made of copper, braided, and in a sheath. It'll cost less than a stock Hifiman cable and be superior, custom, lighter weight.

I did it to mine.

Very best,

The cable looks wonderful! But it seems that BTG audio doesn't accept new order at this time.....Quite a pity....Their price is really impreesive.

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #4 of 4
I ordered from Toxic Cable. Should have them soon, but he is back ordered too and takes a while to get them to you. Seems many of the small DIY turned small businesses are keeping busy ^_^

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back