Recession making it hard to sell?
Jul 9, 2009 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

AmanGeorge

Headphoneus Supremus
I've noticed in the last 4 months or so that it is taking longer for me to sell items, and I see other items at great prices linger on the FS forums longer than normal. Has anyone else seen the same thing? Is the recession making it harder for folks to sell their stuff?

Jul 9, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #3 of 28
Yeah it's not fun - I'm holding off on doing as much buying/re-selling and rotating through equipment to try things because I'm less confident that I can get my money back if I don't like something.

Jul 9, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #5 of 28
@FallenAngel

You wouldn't happen to have a CDP would you? That wouldn't be hard to sell to me. Well depending on the price.
biggrin.gif

It did take me a while to sell my A500s considering I sold it dirt cheap.

Jul 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just trade directly, I think its the easiest way to do things. At this point buying and reselling stuff you don't like ends up being a $30 - 50 borrowers fee (approx 15 for shipping + some cash lost when you resell). If you trade u usually only lose shipping costs.

Just be sure of who you're trading with beforehand.
wink.gif

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #10 of 28
Yes, I have noticed the same.
Items who earlier may have sold in a matter or hours are no staying unsold for days. Prices, at least on some items, seems to be lower as well.

I bet it is connected to the recession.

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:27 AM Post #11 of 28
Trading with well known Head-Fi'ers is virtually risk free. I do know selling is already at a low and will probably get worse. It's a buyer's market now and good deals can be had if one has the money. Just a couple years ago if someone placed an ad on the FS forum at a fair price, it was usually sold within a day. Times are tough and my heart goes out to the guys who must sell their gear to make ends meet.

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:40 AM Post #12 of 28
It's definitely taking longer to make a deal, yep. There are a few things that I have tried to sell via craigslist, and I've only received offers more than $100 below my asking price (on a $150 item!)... so I'm having a hard time.

Jul 10, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by tattoou2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trading with well known Head-Fi'ers is virtually risk free. I do know selling is already at a low and will probably get worse. It's a buyer's market now and good deals can be had if one has the money. Just a couple years ago if someone placed an ad on the FS forum at a fair price, it was usually sold within a day. Times are tough and my heart goes out to the guys who must sell their gear to make ends meet.

I remember great deals going within minuets.

It's sad to see this happen to our society. I hope we are able to turn it around some day, in the not so distant future.

Jul 10, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #14 of 28
As of right now stick to trading, I've resorted to selling gear I don't like on either ebay or selling it cheap here. I recently bought an awesome setup from a good friend here and I think I'll be content with it for a while (unless I somehow wanna go down the balanced route). But otherwise a lot of gear I bought in the past month is sitting in my project room waiting to get modded or waiting until the economy gets a bit better

Jul 10, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #15 of 28
slling items is definitely harder. obviously tied to the recession. it has made me more cautious/reluctant about new purchases b/c i know i may have a hard time selling if it doesn't suit me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back