Received R10 Replacement Ear Pads
Jul 3, 2004 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
I received my R10 ear pads from Audiocubes2.com

One of them has bad stitching. "Puckering" is what it is called in the trade.

For such an expensive item, one should expect better quality control than this.

I have contacted Audiocubes2 for an RMA to replace this one with one that is better.

R10_new_earpads_03.jpg

Good Stitching
R10_RT_earpad_01.jpg

Bad Stitching
R10_LT_earpad_01BadStiching.jpg

R10_new_earpads_02.jpg

-Ed

Jul 3, 2004 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 48
Man, it's an evil trick, someone out there just doesn't want your hammies to have decent sound. You're right though, for that much money those earpads should be perfect!

Jul 3, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #3 of 48
Picky aren't we?..
smily_headphones1.gif

Tell you the truth, with the price they charge for these pads, I would feel the same way, and do exactly the same thing. I'm sure a lot of people read and knew how irritated I was just to have things being shipped improperly. This bad stitching would irritate me the same way.

Although I may be inclined to not bother with the RMA (laziness), but as long as you don't need it right away, may as well get it right.

Jul 4, 2004 at 12:13 AM Post #9 of 48
Bad stitching? It looks like that one ear pad is used, and badly used at that. Man, I would return that one in a heart beat too Ed. I hope AudioCubes treats you right with the RMA.

Jul 4, 2004 at 12:18 AM Post #10 of 48
Now I'll have to keep an eye out for Audio Cube's "B stock" sale. Let's see... about $225 or so?
eek.gif

Jul 4, 2004 at 1:22 AM Post #12 of 48
Ohh no, it looks like the truck driver that was carrying the container of lamb skin pads sat on yours.

Seriously, they do look used. However, you never know...

leather never looks the same.

Jul 4, 2004 at 1:26 AM Post #13 of 48
Hey, I'd be QUITE anal about a set of 200-somethin'-dollar earpads.

Although why you couldn't find something a wee bit... cheaper... is beyond me.

Jul 4, 2004 at 2:41 AM Post #15 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
So are you gonna send them back for another set? Putting them on ain't gonna be too much of a chore, or is it?

The RT side is perfect, so i'm hoping they send just the LT side.

As you can see, even though they sell them by the set, they are packaged individually.

Installation is a major PITA. If you've seen Hirsch's thread, it involves ripping off the old pads, scaping off the old adhesive, and carefully positioning the new pads. No room for error.
frown.gif

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back