Received my Triple Fi.10 yesterday
Dec 20, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #31 of 32
Quote:
The old cable was a right angle tip, but it was thick, stiff, and held memory.  Then the revised it to a little thinner, lighter, more flexible cable with a straight tip.  Frankly I don't mind the cable.  I'm not really sure why people whine so much about straight vs angle.  I think it becomes somewhat dependent on what the earphone's hooked up to.  In some cases you want a straight cable, some an angled one.

Well of course there are certain situation. The reason why angled is so much better for me is because it tends to last longer. The more flexible cable would break down faster and lose signal. When you have to send your IEMs within the first month and again 3 months later and again 7 months later it gets frustrating. All of which contained a right angle tip. It wasn't until they revised it that I can actually get past the first month without a break is good to me. The thicker and higher durability is better than the fragile connector (just a personal preference). This may be due to the storing into the headphone case but I don't see why that should be a problem?

Dec 20, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #32 of 32

For the treble quantity and quality, it is a bit of an injustice to use such low bitrates for it.  Sometimes you're stuck, say with a streaming site, but if you have CDs, rip 256 or 320 and nothing else.  Once you get to 192 it does start to get hard to distinguish between CD and mp3 on the top end, but it really only gets unnoticeable once you get to 256.  The ability to tell tends to require direct comparison using devices that offer a good enough audio quality to show the differences.  Some earphones are actually pretty good about hiding imperfections. 

Having said that, I will testify to bring able to hear differences even between lossless tracks and 320kbps mp3 files with the TF10, coming out unamped on a iPhone 4 no less. It doesn't show up on every track, and is probably unnoticeable unless you make a direct comparison between them.

Also I'll have to say that listening to 128kbps mp3s on a TF10 is a travesty. The difference between mp3s with good and bad bitrates are like mud and water, especially on such a good pair of phones. Some people say you don't need such detail when you're listening on the go or working out, but having turned to lossless I personally wouldn't go near anything below 256kbps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back