Received my free Shure E535's from Canjam Raffle
Jul 26, 2010 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

immtbiker

The first to organize an (Inter)National Head-Fi Meet (2006)
I have owned many IEM's over the years from Shure. From the E3C's E4C's E5c's and the E500's.

Last Friday I received my E535's from Matt, that I won in the raffle at the Chicago Canjam (see, this why you need to
get off your butt and go every year 
biggrin.gif
). I never listen to the E530's but compared to the E500's, the noticeable
improvement right off the bat, were the memory wire for over the ears, the detachable cable on both sides, the 
length of the cable (no PTH) and the cable now pivots (so this should fix the ripping cable problem that people 
experienced on the 500's and 530's). 
The sound is superior to the earlier models, but they are fresh out of the box, so I will have to see what the transitions
will be, even though some people believe that armatures don't change with time.
They are a triple driver IEM, that right now is a bit bass light, but I have only tried them with Olive tips, but then again,
I've never gotten a good seal with Olive tips on any IEM. I have some smaller Ety "Baby Blue tri-flanges that I use
because normal bi and tr-flanges cause me discomfort.
The box and packaging is similar to it's predecessors, with lots of tip options, 1/4" adapter and a nice oblong Shure zipper carrying
case for the headphones.

I'll have to put them through my normal testing process to see how they will sound as they mature.

Thanks Shure

Jul 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 2
Aaron, I look forward to your review since I am looking for a new and hopefully better IEM. Until now I have not owned a multi-driver and the SE535 is on my list as well as the SM3, W2, and UM2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back