reccomend me a program to help clean my registry
Dec 12, 2003 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Dweebgal

500+ Head-Fier
i'm having a bit of a software upgrade recently, and i've just dumped all my norton stuff in favour of avg+kerio (btw everyone should get avg, it picked up a virus norton missed!!!)

one thing i will miss from norton system works is the registry cleaner, are there any good alternative availible, preferably free, but i'm open to suggestions.

Dec 12, 2003 at 4:22 PM Post #2 of 13
I downloaded a Registry Cleaner called "RegScrub XP". It's Freeware. I like it and it seems to do a great job.

I don't remember where I downloaded it from; but if you just do a search on Yahoo or Google, you will definitely find it.

Dec 12, 2003 at 4:32 PM Post #4 of 13
i already have ad-aware.

i'm just looking for something to cleam up the mess that sometimes gets left behind by some programs.

thanks for the suggestion magic77, i'll see if i can find that program.

Dec 12, 2003 at 6:54 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by minya
format c:\ /y

- Chris

That or just use regedit, unless you don't like playing in your registry. I feel that when the registry has become cluttered, it is time to wipe the drive and do a clean install.

Dec 12, 2003 at 7:22 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Polygon
That or just use regedit, unless you don't like playing in your registry. I feel that when the registry has become cluttered, it is time to wipe the drive and do a clean install.

it's not that i dont like doing it, it's just i dont necessarily have the time to go through it all.

Dec 13, 2003 at 4:39 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by 00940
make a search on google for "regcleaner", it works really well.

http://www.sofotex.com/RegCleaner-download_L4965.html

I absolutley swear by this program, it does exactly what it says on the tin with ease and real efficiency.

Quote:

Try regclean.exe. SEE

I'd say dont. Although its Microsofts program, it is at this time completely unsupported, and moreover, is said to damage the registry for some program (the most high profile example of software it damages is believe it or not, Office XP).

Dec 13, 2003 at 10:21 PM Post #13 of 13
[re: regclean.exe]
Quote:

I'd say dont. Although its Microsofts program, it is at this time completely unsupported, and moreover, is said to damage the registry for some program (the most high profile example of software it damages is believe it or not, Office XP).

Yeah, it stopped being supported by ms around the time of win95 I think. Never had any problems with it (using winme) and it creates a dated undo file in the program folder after every run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back