recabling freqshow superfreqs? or getting custom triplefi's? opinions please
Mar 26, 2013 at 7:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

marc4fishing

New Head-Fier
I bought these back when they were still in business but the 10 cent cable is completely **** where it enters the headphone.  What are my options?  Can I have them just recabled and set up for replaceable cables or do I have to go through the whole reshelling process?  My other option is having some triplefi's done up by fisher.. I love the way they sound but excruciating fit and i still have a year on the warranty?   

thanks in advance 

sorry about the rambling and incoherence, but I am at work and well you know how work is

thanks

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #2 of 5
Wow, that's a long time ago. How do you still have a warranty? FreqShow has been defunct for years. Or are you referring to the TF10?

I suggest you completely re-shell the SuperFreq, so that you can use removable cables in the future. Also, it's a wise thing to get the acoustic dampers inside replaced, the passive components checked, and get the drivers checked; after all this time, they may be malfunctioning or broken.

Merely getting it re-cabled would require the re-shelling process anyways. If you're closer to Fisher, get it done by Fisher; otherwise, 1964Ears does a good job too. I'm not sure how many other re-shell services reside in the US.

I'd also recommend getting a TF10 re-shell since you don't like the fit, but if you have concerns about warranty issues, then I'd suggest you wait until the warranty runs out.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #4 of 5
It doesn't have to be limited to 1964 and Fisher; I just recommended US-based reshell companies because I assume you want somewhere closer and relatively inexpensive. I can't vouch for Fisher's work, but I can say that all of the 1964 shells that I've seen look great.

You may want also to look into getting an "upgrade", if that's something you might be interested in. Companies like Unique Melody and Rooth provide driver upgrade services.

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #5 of 5
i work at a power plant so my hearing is pretty much crap...at least around the frequency of my wife's voice, so upgrading drivers is not a huge priority,  I am just looking for good sound isolation and comfort...which makes me want to really change out the triplefi's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back