Real Quick Question: Do You Like Milk??
Jul 8, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #92 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heck no. Milk is so damn foul.

I'm not sure why anyone would actually want to drink something that is tainted with synthetic growth hormones, anti-biotics, cow piss and feces, etc. etc.? It simply amazes me, multiple times on a daily basis, what people will put in to their bodies without thinking twice about it, simply because they did not have to slaughter, clean, and prepare it themselves. It just makes no sense.

Since when do you have to slaughter cows to get milk? Piss and Feces? I'm not sure if you noticed, but the milk doesn't come out of the same orifice as those excretins.
blink.gif
Do you think brand new babies would be nursing if it did?
wink.gif

Jul 8, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #93 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually Jeff Rense is very on point about almost everything.

I have not found it so. Just picking from the first half of the webpage:

Quote:

...The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) insists that IGF-1 is destroyed in the stomach. If that were true, the FDA has proven that breast feeding cannot work...

The author, Dave Rietz, apparently thinks breast milk is nothing but IGF-1.

More on the subject of IGF-1, about a flawed experiment he quoted as evidence against milk:

Quote:

Visit the Dairy Education Board at http://www.notmilk.com/deb/100399.html to review a DAIRY study that confirms what the FDA has lied about this for years.

IGF-1 INCREASES

This study involved two groups. One group consuming 12 ounces of milk a day and the other consuming the USDA recommended allowance of 24 ounces (three cups). This report notes that the participants consuming 12 ounces more milk per day... HAD A 10% RISE IN IGF-1 IN THEIR BLOOD SERUM! Now, consider that PER DAY, from ALL sources, the typical milk/dairy consumer ingests approximately 39% of daily diet from dairy... and that 10% increase becomes the "tip of the iceberg". We have NO idea of the non-dairy versus full-dairy difference but considering cancer rates... it has to be significant.

What Rietz has hidden from our view was that the experiment was not designed to investigate the effect of milk on serum IGF-1; this was a coincidental finding in an osteoporosis-prevention study. If the experiment was not designed for this purpose, then we cannot expect the researchers to take care of possible confounders. IGF-1 is produced in the normal adult human body (as Mother Nature intended. I hope Rietz will agree); its production linked to energy metabolism in complex ways. Simply put: the more calorie and the more proteins you take, more free IGF-1 is found in your blood (interested readers can take a look at this review). It is therefore expected that people who consume more protein, milk-derived or not, will have more IGF-1 in their serum.

Jul 10, 2007 at 2:34 PM Post #95 of 102
I go for months without having a glass of milk, but when I get a craving for it, nothing else will do. Must be ice cold, and should be used to wash down a peanut butter sandwich.

Jul 11, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #98 of 102
I like milk, don't drink too often any more though. Back in junior high I had half a litre of milk, every morning, for pretty much 3 years. I went from 5'8 to 6'2 in that time :)

Jul 11, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #99 of 102
Don't really like milk, not for the taste, it tastes just fine, but for the simple fact that I don't believe humans should be drinking the milk of another animal, in this case the cow. Aside from the fact that I get my calcium from other products, I don't think it offers my body any really good things, so I just don't need it and don't intake anything I don't need (except for the occasional alcoholic drink for pleasure).

Also, I haven't read the latest, but doesn't the human body have trouble digesting cow milk and waste more energy on digestion than it receives back? That was the last study I read on it, guess it's time to look it up again.

Jul 14, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #101 of 102
I like milk, but I like it to have some fat content. On my own, I usually purchase whole milk or 2%. When I lived with my parents, they used to buy only fat free milk and made my sister and me drink it. Stuff tasted nasty as hell, like water with essence of milk. To this day, I still can't handle fat free milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back