Real or Fake??
Mar 20, 2011 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

jbl772

100+ Head-Fier
Before I buy them, just want to  make sure :)

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000UVGI6O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1300646976&sr=8-2

Mar 20, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #4 of 44
Must strongly disagree here.
retailers thru amazon are known to sell fakes. Google it.

The great thing is...if you get a fake...you can get your money back via amazon customer service. 123 garauntee or something.

So you can get a fake.
But you have protection against it via amazon.

Mar 20, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #5 of 44
Buy from amazon directly. DONT buy from retailers. I've literally had only 1 good experience going through retailers (out of 5 total)

Mar 20, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #8 of 44
Mar 20, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #10 of 44
YES! thanks a lot man, I wanted the coiled version too because I plan to use them for portable use and an 11 foot cable is a pain in the rear aha

I'll probably buy these later this week, thanks a lot! So 100% sure they're real?

Mar 21, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #11 of 44
jbl772 said:
. YES! thanks a lot man, I wanted the coiled version too because I plan to use them for portable use and an 11 foot cable is a pain in the rear aha

I'll probably buy these later this week, thanks a lot! So 100% sure they're real?

read somewhere that people were disliking coiled cable for portable use as it weighed down that side specifically.

Mar 21, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #14 of 44
is it hard to reterminate ? cuz I had no idea it was even possible until I googled it right now. do you know if any stores do it? (for not too expensive) like would frys or bestbuy or something do it? or do u think I could do it if I watched videos ? I don't wanna mess up my wire. sounds like a good idea to shorten it but idk how to reterminate

is the weight of the curly cable that heavy that it pulls on that side of the headphone noticeably? If it's just a small tug I don't mind.

Mar 21, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #15 of 44
Stop spamming the portable forum with threads that are all asking the same thing.

1) ATH-M50 is a great buy at $119. Stop debating over whether or not it's right for you. Just buy it. I now own 2 of these, and they've completely replaced any other studio cans I own like the senn 280pro, mdr 7506, shure 440/840. If you want a better set of closed studio cans, expect to pay another $50-$100 more (i.e. HD25, though some people might disagree with my assesment).
2) Coiled Cable. It's the perfect length for use with a laptop, synth/midi controler, portable dj, final cut/avid rig. No, the cable is not that heavy. It's almost identical to the coiled cable on the MDR-7506 if you've ever seen one of those.
3) Buy it on Amazon from Geartree. They're a Michigan based music store (ever heard of using Google?). I bought a pair from them last week and it was at my doorstep in 4 day. It's not fake, came un-opened in the newer white box.
4) Enjoy your headphones.

P.S. Anyone who wants to save a bit on the straight cabled version of the m50, there is an Open Box one going for $89.95 on B&H. I've bought a couple OB AV items from them before and never have had a problem.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/800766551-USE/Audio_Technica_ATH_M50S_ATH_M50s_Professional_Closed_Back_Studio.html

Quote:
is it hard to reterminate ? cuz I had no idea it was even possible until I googled it right now. do you know if any stores do it? (for not too expensive) like would frys or bestbuy or something do it? or do u think I could do it if I watched videos ? I don't wanna mess up my wire. sounds like a good idea to shorten it but idk how to reterminate

is the weight of the curly cable that heavy that it pulls on that side of the headphone noticeably? If it's just a small tug I don't mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back