Real flac?
May 18, 2019 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Stefanmz7

100+ Head-Fier
Hello! So I found a website that sells flac but just wanted to ask if any of you are familiar with it. I mean are the flacs that it sells good bitrate? Is it gonna be better than compressed high quality music from Apple(256kbps)? Also is that a normal price for a flac song?I mean the price of a single song on that website if you buy it in flac? https://uk.7digital.com/artist/elen...-música-de-la-serie-de-disney-channel-6401333

May 18, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 6
What device are going to storing your audio files on?
For portable audio devices, 256K or 320K audio files should be fine.
FLAC & ALAC audio files take up a lot more storage space, then 256K or 320K mp3 audio files.
If you listening a lot from a computer and buy high priced headphones, then go for FLAC/ALAC

May 19, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #4 of 6
What device are going to storing your audio files on?
For portable audio devices, 256K or 320K audio files should be fine.
FLAC & ALAC audio files take up a lot more storage space, then 256K or 320K mp3 audio files.
If you listening a lot from a computer and buy high priced headphones, then go for FLAC/ALAC
I am listening from a mobile device(iPad Air 2) or my phone but using an amplifier(Fiio A1)and high end headphones (Audiotechnica M70x). So I think I should go for Flac? What do you think? Will there be a noticeable difference with the setup above between 256k and 16 bit Flac?

May 24, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #5 of 6
I am listening from a mobile device(iPad Air 2) or my phone but using an amplifier(Fiio A1)and high end headphones (Audiotechnica M70x). So I think I should go for Flac? What do you think? Will there be a noticeable difference with the setup above between 256k and 16 bit Flac?

256kbps is 16bit/44.1khz, Flac/Wav/AIFF losseless is also 16bit but at its max bitrate 1411kps (if not compressed)

Youll be fine with 192kps on the M70X, dont worry about flac thats a discussion for a whole other league of headphones.

May 31, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #6 of 6
Ok then I am gonna stick to iTunes or Google Play for my music purchases(and YouTube Spotify or other streaming services if I don't wanna buy something but just listen to it.) But just curious because I bought one flac and then juts vbecause I didn't know if the store was legit I thought I would test if they didn't try to fool me by upscaling or something like this. So I ran a bitrate test(and the app on on my phone said it was 900 something kbps(not full bitrate but I guess it's fine) and I also ran a spectrometer test and got very interesting results. The screenshot is below but I see that most of the song is a true flac(it's up at the 22khz mark) as I read that should be how a flac is but parts are cut off at lowerkhz. Why is that? Is it normal or they sold me a lower quality flac? I am asking just of curiosity I don't say they are scams or something like this. I mean it is still a lossless flac(it's not upscaled) but I am wondering why is that on the spectrometer

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back