RE2's are FINALLY here :) - initial impressions
Feb 21, 2011 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hojomojo96

100+ Head-Fier
My RE2s come in tomorrow. After over a week of waiting, I'll finally have them :D Just thought I'd reserve a spot to post my impressions, and relieve my frustration over having to wait. :p

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 3
So, my Head-Direct RE2s came in today, after 9 days of waiting, and the mailman coming late >.>
I'm listening to them right now
darthsmile.gif

Here are some initial impressions (Yes, I know these are techically old, but I feel like writing this up anyways) :

Well, the build quality is solid, the only thing I don't like is how thin the cabling becomes after the Y-split. They fit like a glove, probably the most comfortable IEM's I have other than my Metro.Fi 220's. Isolation is also at or above par with the included double flanges. Microphonics are minor. Now, sound quality:

This is before burn-in, but I'm already impressed

To start it off, the bass is NOT bad on these. No, these are not basshead phones. BUT, the bass is pretty high quality, more "hear it" than "feel it" bass. Not much to say about it, though.

The highs are simply beautiful. Thats the only way I can put it. These have clear highs, with little to no sibilance. They are definetely not harsh, but are very bright. The clarity is amazing, I can hear everything. If the RE0s beat this, they must be QUITE something.

The mids are on par with my phones, very clear. Not quite as nice here as my Super.Fi 5s (UE 600), but thats not to be expected. Nothing special though.

They sound VERY full, and have a nice soundstage. Not huge, but not tiny, either.

All in all, I'm VERY impressed with these IEM's before burn-in. I doubt there are too many better deals for $29, even 2 years after release. Lets see if they get better or worse with burn in. o.O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back