RE2 or RE0???
Apr 20, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 12
RE0 all the way. If you have an amp, the RE1 may be worth considering.

Apr 21, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #4 of 12
RE0 easily over RE2. The RE2 does a few things amazingly well for a $40 earphone but the RE0 can at least match the RE2 on its strengths and easily surpass the RE2 on its weaknesses. I doubt the price in China will be any different as pricing is set by Head-Direct.

Apr 21, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #5 of 12
I have the RE2's and was slightly disappointed. I read so many great reviews but the reviews were noting that they're great FOR THE PRICE. RE2's sound is extremely thin, bass is lacking and the build quality of the buds and the cords are subpar at best.

Apr 21, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #6 of 12
If you can afford the RE0s, then those. If RE2s are all you can afford, get Altec Backbeat Classics.

Apr 21, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by morning /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the RE2's and was slightly disappointed. I read so many great reviews but the reviews were noting that they're great FOR THE PRICE. RE2's sound is extremely thin, bass is lacking and the build quality of the buds and the cords are subpar at best.

Do you do any reading before buying? I dunno what you expected.

Jun 17, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #9 of 12
I too was really disappointed with RE2's.  It really makes you wonder whether some of the commenters on some of these threads actually own them.  The bass is very disapointing - definitely requires an EQ setting to bring it back up.  I listen mostly to classical music so I know exactly what it is supposed to sound like.  The treble is fine - kind of reminds me of my old Grado's in fact.

I bought them after my cable broke on Altec UHP336's after 4 months of light use.  Those sounded really good, but were really dependent on a tight seal - which gets harder to maintain as they get dirty.

I just got a pair of Senn 300's and they are exactly the opposite of the RE2's.  Disappointing on the high end.

Net - I haven't found anything to make me real happy yet.

Jun 17, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #10 of 12
RE0 is way better than RE2 - no contest. Well worth the extra price IMO.

Jun 21, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #12 of 12
I own a pair of RE2's that I bought on 10/29/2009, and they just broke last Friday. I was walking to the elevator after getting off work when the sound on the right phone started crackling and then went out. I twisted the wire around a bit and it came back, but they are now very sensitive and the sound will not come out of the right phone consistently.

I used them daily, but was not abusive and hardly ever wrapped them around my Cowon D2. Usually I would unplug them and set them aside when I was done listening to purposely avoid damaging the connector, but it didn't matter.

When they worked, the sound was good for me. Very low on bass, but the D2's equalizer made up for it. However, seeing as the cable quality is junk and the warranty is only 90 days, I am not going to buy another pair. I will not buy the RE0's either because I read that the cable quality is similar, and I want a pair of headphones that last.

I actually just registered on these forums to post this response and ask if anyone has a better suggestion for a pair of IEM's around $30-50.

Edit: Just read ClieOS's multiple IEM shootout review and decided to go with the MEElectronics M9. Nothing else really fell within my range comfortably, and the case on these should hopefully  help me avoid damaging them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back