RE0's, still a king, or dethroned?
May 16, 2011 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Reaper0294

Head-Fier
So, i think it's been about two christmas's since i went on my headphone craze on Head-fi. I bought my Beyerdynamic DT-770 after trying some Monster Turbines (Uncomfortable for me, didn't wow me either) and really enjoy my DT-770. Then i had a trip coming up and needed some nice IEM's, so i went with a very different new craze the RE0. I fell in love. Amazing clarity, detail, seperation, music sounded so different but yet the same, comfortable and i felt like i was in my own little world. Then during soccer season (i presume) i lost my prizes, and have been without them for a long long time. 

So, coming back to Head-fi because my gf wanted to buy a pair of skull candy headphones (I protested; strongly.) she's going to listen to my beyer's first, then hopefully i can get her a nice pair of Grado's or something, anything but skullcandy.

Anyways. So, have the RE0's been dethroned as an amazing IEM for their price ($80) and some new budget IEM came out? Or do the RE0's still sit somewhat at the top? 

Oh, and if anyone knows of a better place to buy them than the site, or wants to sell a pair i'd probably be interested. I'm located in the U.S and as long as you have some trading history or a strong (somewhat) forum history then i'm more than okay with paying first. We can do a paypal/ebay buy, gift (paypal), whatever then. 

May 16, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 5
They still rock.

No, you can't have mine.  =p

May 16, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #4 of 5
The bass can be slightly anemic if they're not properly amped, but other than that they are very balanced. And it's pretty hard to do much better for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back