RE0's are n the mailbox!
Apr 8, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #19 of 24
Yes it probably would be a good choice
smily_headphones1.gif

The RE0s bass are not heavy at all.

Apr 8, 2010 at 11:22 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkesu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am planning to get RE0 as my first 'proper' iem. You guys think this would be a good choice for iem under $80 ?
I do not prefer heavy bass.

I would totally buy them at the current price. I really wasn't expecting much but they shocked me with excellent sound

Apr 8, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #21 of 24
I agree, buy them at the current prices they are IMHO one of the best buys in IEM's that I have bought or heard in a long time. Honestly, I am betting they are going to give my IE8's a serious run for the money. I paid $85.00 shipped for my RE0's. you don't even want to know what I paid for the IE8's. but i will still say the IE8's are just amazing and being able to tune them is a huge to me.

but damn, the sound of the RE0's for 85.00 is just fantastic. Since purchasing the IE8's I now figure all IEM purchase via a cost versus enjoyment factor.... Meaning how much did I pay for the IEMs , how good is the sound and how much do I enjoy them... This because I have been amazed at how many IEM's from the 65.00 - 150.00 just sound REALLY good. Are they perfect NO. But then I ask myself? Are the IE8's worth the 3X+ that I paid for them over say the RE0's?

Seeing as I already bought the IE8's I will say with a hesitant "yes". but I would also be hesitant to recommend the IE8's to someone with out letting them try my other IEMs that I currently have.

Apr 8, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #22 of 24
The RE0 is only a good buy if you like their sound signature. The value of the RE0 is pretty amazing however they suit my sound signature. I easily preferred them to the TF10 when I had them both.

Apr 8, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by EraserXIV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
let us know how it goes. i was thinking of getting the um3x as an upgrade too. i think most people do find it superior.. but as always in the world of audio, there are diminishing returns are you progress toward the higher end.

UM3X are a bit of an upgrade in some ways, but mostly it just a sidegrade and in some ways - even a step down IMO. With UM3X, you will get a slightly more dynamic presentation with a deeper soundstage and more precise imaging. The mids will sound more upfront with more micro detail. However, the bass on UM3X is not any better than on RE0 while the treble is quite a step down from RE0 - UM3X sounds muffled and lacking resolution in the upper registers by comparison.

There's also another issue I noticed with UM3X and that is that it has a very subtle, but noticeable 'plasticy' coloration to its sound. That is, it sounds a bit fake/unnatural. I am not sure why this is so, but I suspect that the problem is the UM3X cheap plastic casing which probably gives off some resonances. RE0 has no resonance at all with its high quality metal housing and sounds just more realistic to my ears than the UM3X. Overall, I prefer RE0 even though UM3X does do some things better, like soundstage/imaging and mids. RE0 just kills Westone in the treble and has a more natural timbre IMO.

Apr 8, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UM3X are a bit of an upgrade in some ways, but mostly it just a sidegrade and in some ways - even a step down IMO. Overall, I prefer RE0 even though UM3X does do some things better, like soundstage/imaging and mids. RE0 just kills Westone in the treble and has a more natural timbre IMO.

Hmm yeah I was wondering whether it would be more of a sidegrade rather than an upgrade. the UM3X was just one of the options i was considering maybe i'll cross it off my list now. treble is pretty important for me, but improvement in the mids is also something i want too. I was a bit more interested in the CK10 or the Westone 2.. have you heard any of those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back