RE0s Already Seperating..
Sep 29, 2010 at 10:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ladybro

New Head-Fier
mail

img0642zo.jpg

I bought these RE0s not but 2 weeks ago off of Amazon after reading the reviews on here and deciding on them as an entry level IEM. I have been fairly careful with these, much more careful than any other pair I have ever owned, so I was dismayed to look down today and see that the cord connecting to the jack had become dislodged. The wires are showing and it feels like it could easily be ripped worse with a little bit of force. Anybody ever had this happen to them? What would be my best course of action? Any help is appreciated, I'm pretty new to this scene.

Sep 29, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 9
Write to Head-Direct and request a RMA, then send it back for warranty.

Sep 29, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 9
If it's withing 30 days you may be better off returning them and getting something more durable... Opinion on the forum seems to be that these often break cable wise. A comparable earphone may be the Mc5, which has a much more durable mylar reinforced cable.

Sep 30, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #4 of 9
The RE0, from my experience and from reading the reactions here, are very fragile and seem to break very easily. Good thing is that the Head-Direct customer service (which seems to be manned by only one person) is excellent.

Sep 30, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #5 of 9
I've also had two breakages, like the others above me, I'd say the warranty service is great, but personally I'd return them and give HJE-900's a try if you can, think I even saw them on B&H for $77.95 only about a week ago.

Sep 30, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #6 of 9
I find it pretty strange regarding HifiMan earphones. I've had the RE0 for around 4-5 months before I sold them and the RE-Zero around the time it came out till now without an issue and no fears of the RE-Zero falling apart anytime soon. I wonder how one has them break and others do not..maybe I'm just lucky
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't see how it would fall apart if it was to happen however.

Sep 30, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #7 of 9
Same here, my RE0 are 9 months old and still going strong; I'll repeat what everyone has said and suggest contacting head-direct. I would say just get the replacement and give them a chance rather than trying something else right away. Anyway good luck!
Quote:
I find it pretty strange regarding HifiMan earphones. I've had the RE0 for around 4-5 months before I sold them and the RE-Zero around the time it came out till now without an issue and no fears of the RE-Zero falling apart anytime soon. I wonder how one has them break and others do not..maybe I'm just lucky 

Sep 30, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #8 of 9
If you like the RE0 sound, replacing it with the MC5 (same price, BTW), will give you very similar sound (MC5 might be a bit fuller sounding, only a bit).  BUT, MC5 is very solidly built -- it just feels durable.

Sep 30, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #9 of 9
Thank for the feedback guys. As of now, I have talked with a h-d rep and it appears that I will be getting either a refund or replacement, my choice. I'm a little bit interested in the MC5s, so I am unsure of what I will do next. Whoever said it was correct, their customer service so far has been second to none.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back