RE0 vs Denon AH-C710?
May 3, 2011 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

trousers

New Head-Fier

[size=13.5pt]I had a pair of RE0, though somehow I managed to lose them. So I’m looking to replace them, and rather than just buy them again straight away thought I would see what else is around. In the price range the only other thing that seemed like they might be an option are the Denon AH-C710.[/size]

[size=13.5pt] [/size]

[size=13.5pt]From reading around it seems the Denon AH-C710 have better bass, though bass is not that important to me either way, I was happy with the RE0's bass but wouldn’t mind more. I'm wondering how they compare in other areas, such as the mid and highs, and maybe more importantly the soundstage?[/size]

[size=13.5pt] [/size]

[size=13.5pt]Is the RE0 still king at this price range or is the Denon AC-C710 worth considering?[/size]

[size=13.5pt] [/size]

[size=13.5pt]I mainly listen to alternative, electro, industrial, post-punk, no wave, indie etc.[/size]

[size=13.5pt][/size]

May 5, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #5 of 12
AH-C710 are pretty sibilant in the highs and bloated in the bass, they'd be pretty good if you didn't know any different but you'd miss all the detail you were getting from the RE0. I only use mine as gym phones now, since getting a few pairs of decent BA phones. 

May 5, 2011 at 6:33 AM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
If you wanted a liiitle bit more bass, you could always go for the RE-ZERO.

Indeed, though I find theres a reasonable amount of bass with my RE0s (using Sony Hybrid tips). If your source has EQ you can always compensate. I haven't owned an IEM yet that didn't improve with some EQ'ing.
At the price the RE0s take a lot of beating for SQ.

May 5, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
Indeed, though I find theres a reasonable amount of bass with my RE0s (using Sony Hybrid tips). If your source has EQ you can always compensate. I haven't owned an IEM yet that didn't improve with some EQ'ing.
At the price the RE0s take a lot of beating for SQ.

Unless your source is an iPod/iPhone.  The EQ in those suck.

May 5, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #10 of 12
Have you tried the EQu and Equaliser apps at all?
I use these apps on my iPhone 4 - though most of my listening is via a J3 or Clip+

May 5, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #12 of 12
I used to own the RE0s and still have the Denon C700 (which is somewhat similar-sounding AFAIK?). I sold off the RE0s and bought the DBA-02s. Many say they are an improvement over the RE0.

I never regretted my decision, and the DBA-02s are the IEMs I've had for the longest time without feeling the urge to get a better pair of IEMs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back