re0 Replacement Filters and Foam
Jan 21, 2012 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

samtheman11

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I have two quick questions:

1) Is there a place you can buy replacement filters for re0 headphones without purchasing the bi-flanges with them?  I need more filters, but I hate the bi-flanges, so if there's a way to get around buying them, that would be great...

2) A while ago, I took out the foam behind the filters because they got a little wet.  Is there a place to get replacement foam pieces?  Or is there a kind of foam people generally use as a replacement?  I know some people think the headphones sound better without the foam, anyway.

I've searched and couldn't find the answers to these questions, so I apologize if the answers are already out there somewhere.

Thanks!
Sam

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #3 of 4
Wash the foam (gently), dry it, put it back. You can also cut any foam to put in, just make sure it isn't too dense. Also, you need to replace both sides to keep them balanced.

Mar 21, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #4 of 4
Regarding the foam inserts on the RE0's, if they need replacing you can use any low density foam, often the sort that you find with packaging.  I used a small hole punch to get the approximate diameter for each piece, then trimmed them down a bit with a scissor.  It's a bit tricky but I eventually got a better fit than the foam that I removed.  Just make sure the foam thickness is not greater than the depth of the metal cylinder because you don't want the foam pressing up against the driver after you install the filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back