RE0 and DAP pairing question
Jul 25, 2010 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Badsam

100+ Head-Fier
 Hi, After owning a pair of RE0 for quite a while now and really having grown to like the sound, I've decided to use these instead of getting a much more expensive pair of universals or customs... However even after possibly 400+ odd hour of use now I still find they lack bass. I don't want to buy a different IEM though since I love everything about these besides the bass.

So I was thinking should I buy a DAP that pairs really well with these instead since I will be keeping them for at least a couple of years or so?

I don't want an amp for portable use, And my current iPod touch 3G sounds bad with any EQ turned on - The Fiio E5 bass boost helps a little but makes the overall sound a bit odd.

What would be the best possible player that exists straight from the headphone out to pair with the RE0?  Budget would be $310/£200 so the Hifiman is out of the question.

It doesn't need features, Just great SQ and a way to boost the bass - Like EQ

All my music is guitar based rock and pop music with a lot of rock from the 60's-80's.           

Out of everything I've owned in my sig so far the Sony A818 sounded the best to me, And the Sony A729 sounded the worst.

Various sansa and iPod things have been below the A818 but still good.  The A818 was far too limited at just 8gb storage for me so I sold it.

Thanks if anyone has any suggestions

Jul 25, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 2
As a matter of interest.
What differences in SQ do you notice between the A818 & the A729 ?
I have an A828 (which i think would be closer to the A729).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back