RE-Zero In-ear headphones Limited Edition Sample Give Away
Jun 1, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #91 of 201

Quote:
 It is extremely busy now so that we will delay shipping until next Tuesday. We will decide on June 8th.

We decide to add two more RE-ZERO product sample for giving away. There will be three RE-ZERO will be shipped to three headfiers next week.

EDIT: Enter page 7...

Sweet as! 3 Pairs up for sampling!

Thanks for the heads-up on head-fi (I know...i know...had to be done)
Saves me torturing myself, to see if i got it or not :p

Good luck all, yet again! :)

Dubbed

Jun 1, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #92 of 201
I believe I should get a sample pair because of my extensive experience with IEM products. I own all the headphones in my sig. In addition, I have tried many other IEMs for extended periods of time including ones from ultimate ears, jay, phonek, and sleek audio. With this, I will be able to have a strong insight into how these headphones compare. In addition, I have a portable cMoyBB and Matrix m-stage class A amplifier that I could use to test the headphones and the lower and higher ends of the amplifier market. I've heard many things about the head-direct line and I feel that I would be an excellent candidate to sample them.

Jun 1, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #94 of 201
Quote:
JosephKim said:

ahhhhh i think mr.nankai is delaying his choice to torture me!! lol

Today alone this thread has something like a thousand views, so maybe he is just being a shrewd businessman, maximizing the visibility he's got right now. 
smile_phones.gif

Of course an equally shrewd thing to say when he does show up is it was left to the last minute "because of how difficult the choice was," which actually is at least partially true, as there definitely are some good replies here.

In hindsight, I just wish I had another crack at my own.  Writing it after 2AM during one of my insomniac nights @ about a 30% level of conscious awareness was one big strike, but the other was not really taking the reply as seriously as I might have. 

In that bleary-eyed state of mind, I read this

We will decide on June 1st...RE-ZERO is the Limited Edition of celebrating our RE in-ear line 3 years history. 1000 pcs total.

and mentally processed it as they were giving away a thousand pairs, saw there were only about 60 replies till then and thought, why bother trying that hard? 
biggrin.gif

Who knows, when sleep deprived I tend to ramble so maybe there's something in that rambling that will be enough. 
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: I started replying at around 9pm but had been on the phone and just checked -- Fang has already replied.  Granted it's confirmed that the giveaway is 997 less IEMs than I'd originally thought, but 3 times as many as it actually was, so now maybe with another week to work on it he'll get a chance to read any revisions anyone might have to add.

Jun 1, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #95 of 201
ldasdjasldjas this is like watching a suspenseful tv show that gets cancelled until the next week.

Jun 2, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #96 of 201
Hmmm why you should give me a sample of the RE-Zero.
Well first of all, because it's my birthday (the 9th of june) and I will become 29 years old then. One final year before I become 30. Ouch!!! Offcourse the RE-Zero would be a very nice birthday present! Well that's one of the main reasons.

A second reason, I think here in the Netherlands the Head-Direct is not very well known. So give me a sample, and I'll write a review of it on the Dutch biggest electronical forum (Gathering of Tweakers). This will properbly give you people more customers. And Head-Direct will be better known.

And last but not least. I'm expecting my Cowon J3 next week, so what's better then getting a good pair of IEM's to test both, the IEM's and the J3...

Jun 2, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #97 of 201
As I look at my $10 iems in seemingly new physical condition. I wonder what is going inside when I put them on and only hear everything in my right ear. I clicked on this strange site called Head-fi. So began my journey into a world of fitment, value, highs, lows, rolloffs, drivers, frequency, sensitivity, burn in, tiny amps, analyzed and debated with such passion and sometimes misguided expectations.

My head was spinning.

I could not believe someone would even think of paying $400 for these tiny things that were so disposable to me in the past. As I fell further down the rabbit hole I found myself developing my very own misguided expectations. "Hey, if everyone says it's good then it must be good and if they are all paying $400 maybe it's that life changing" I told myself. As the whirlwind snatched me up, I read and read mesmerized as I scrolled through thread after thread finding models and accessories to search for next. "RE0 vs CK10", "TF10 vs SE530", "UM3", "Custom 3", "er4", "t-400", "IEM", "earbuds"  on and on. I can be as geeky as I want here!

A week later, with much less sleep pushing me on at work and only one of my ears ringing from trying to over compensate and play my music a little louder so maybe my left ear can get some action as well. I realized I needed to make a decision. How do I justify the cost because now I was a snob, now I felt like a connoisseur and wanted the best.

But wait. 

Like everything else there's a middle ground. I don't drive a Ferrari F40 to work everyday, although doing a quarter mile in 11 seconds would remedy my inability to be on time (for anything), I didn't need to (gives me character, it's my "thing" to be late). I don't fly first class, while it's nice and people actually talk to me, I don't need to. So off I go again searching for that sweet spot.

This was much harder.

So much personal opinion, "good at the price", "great sound but bad build quality", "my brother said...", reading comments from people who never owned or listened to a product, at 3am is not fun. Suddenly some Chinese company (ewww) kept coming up. PK what? RE who? $200 for something made in some factory of underpaid laborers from a country that makes rubber dog poop? Then again, iPhone components are also made there, computer chips that sometimes outlast their usefulness are also made there. Then as I stumbled on a newer thread $79!?! $39 for the a basic model with an amp. I could have one of those tiny things! Is this the sweet spot for me? Besides, we're all underpaid and there's nothing wrong with rubber dog poop.

Later, both my ears are getting equal action and fighting a lot less for two months now. My iPod has a backpack and things sound great. But I wondered what those "high end" IEMs sounded like. I dream of a sound stage so wide I can close my eyes and be in Carnegie Hall, so detailed I can hear the conductors baton swishing through the air. I love my RE2's but maybe just maybe with $79 more dollars I can at least feel what it's like to do a quarter mile in 11 seconds.

I should be graced with a set of RE-Zero because I'd appreciate it. "I will name him George, I would hug him and pet him and squeeze him" I would also be honest about singing it's praises and if necessary pointing out it's shortcomings. So our community is better informed (one device at a time) and you guys can make an even better product next time around. As I'm sure you listen to us a little.

Cal
Oh and my birthday is June 9th too. Copy of license available upon request.

Jun 2, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #98 of 201

Quote:
As I look at my $10 iems in seemingly new physical condition. I wonder what is going inside when I put them on and only hear everything in my right ear. I clicked on this strange site called Head-fi. So began my journey into a world of fitment, value, highs, lows, rolloffs, drivers, frequency, sensitivity, burn in, tiny amps, analyzed and debated with such passion and sometimes misguided expectations.

My head was spinning.

I could not believe someone would even think of paying $400 for these tiny things that were so disposable to me in the past. As I fell further down the rabbit hole I found myself developing my very own misguided expectations. "Hey, if everyone says it's good then it must be good and if they are all paying $400 maybe it's that life changing" I told myself. As the whirlwind snatched me up, I read and read mesmerized as I scrolled through thread after thread finding models and accessories to search for next. "RE0 vs CK10", "TF10 vs SE530", "UM3", "Custom 3", "er4", "t-400", "IEM", "earbuds"  on and on. I can be as geeky as I want here!

A week later, with much less sleep pushing me on at work and only one of my ears ringing from trying to over compensate and play my music a little louder so maybe my left ear can get some action as well. I realized I needed to make a decision. How do I justify the cost because now I was a snob, now I felt like a connoisseur and wanted the best.

But wait. 

Like everything else there's a middle ground. I don't drive a Ferrari F40 to work everyday, although doing a quarter mile in 11 seconds would remedy my inability to be on time (for anything), I didn't need to (gives me character, it's my "thing" to be late). I don't fly first class, while it's nice and people actually talk to me, I don't need to. So off I go again searching for that sweet spot.

This was much harder.

So much personal opinion, "good at the price", "great sound but bad build quality", "my brother said...", reading comments from people who never owned or listened to a product, at 3am is not fun. Suddenly some Chinese company (ewww) kept coming up. PK what? RE who? $200 for something made in some factory of underpaid laborers from a country that makes rubber dog poop? Then again, iPhone components are also made there, computer chips that sometimes outlast their usefulness are also made there. Then as I stumbled on a newer thread $79!?! $39 for the a basic model with an amp. I could have one of those tiny things! Is this the sweet spot for me? Besides, we're all underpaid and there's nothing wrong with rubber dog poop.

Later, both my ears are getting equal action and fighting a lot less for two months now. My iPod has a backpack and things sound great. But I wondered what those "high end" IEMs sounded like. I dream of a sound stage so wide I can close my eyes and be in Carnegie Hall, so detailed I can hear the conductors baton swishing through the air. I love my RE2's but maybe just maybe with $79 more dollars I can at least feel what it's like to do a quarter mile in 11 seconds.

I should be graced with a set because I'd appreciate it.

Cal
Oh and my birthday is June 9th too. Copy of license available upon request.

That was a quite a beautiful little essay. The last line made me tear up
smile.gif

Jun 2, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #100 of 201
I second giving a pair each to ClieOS and IjokerI, as they are considered the most prolific reviewers around here. 

But of course, if there's extra pair to spare, I wouldn't mind having one, of which I shall compare against the FX-700 and SM3, using different players and amp.

Jun 2, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #102 of 201
I can't lay any legitimate claim to why I deserve a pair for free, but I will say that as soon as I can buy a pair I'll be writing a long review comparing them to the original RE0s.  To date RE0s are my favorite IEMs; I recommend them to pretty much everyone trying to make their first forays into real head-fi.  RE0s with better low frequency extension sounds like a pretty much perfect phone to me.

Jun 2, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #105 of 201
I'll be receiving the Hippo VB IEMs in the next few days. If you guys happen to choose me for the give away I promise to write up a thorough review and comparison of the two. Both are said to be heavy weights at their respective price points, and a comparison review would likely be helpful to many here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back