RE-Zero In-ear headphones Limited Edition Sample Give Away
May 28, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #31 of 201
I would LOVE to have the new RE-Zero -- Please?!!  (See my avatar, BTW!!)  I have had mine for more than 6 months, and I LOVE the combination of incredible details presented so smoothly and cleanly.  I have told many people this it is the very best earphone you will buy for under $150.  I feel the bass on it is probably very natural to the original recording -- it has great extension in the bass for some the world music I listen to that has big drums, but the drums don't run over the other instruments.  But if you did beef up the bass some, that would be even better -- you might have created the best under-$300 earphones!!

May 28, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #32 of 201
I would like a sample because I've been using the RE2 as the favorite earphone for as long as I've had ipods. I've recommended RE2 to both of my friends that have asked about earphone recommendations and helped them to purchase. I am new to the forum, and I am currently exploring a whole new world of the audiophile, still new to me. From reviews I've been treating Triplefi as the holy grail of earphones still affordable to my budget as a grad student. This afternoon I finally obtained one; I still have plans to obtain many others in time.

On my budget, every one of my earphones will be thoroughly used, enjoyed, and will define my preferences as an audiophile in training. Here's your chance to show me why the head direct earphones will never fade from my life. Show me that it was with me where it all began and that it should always be remain dominant part of my long road of music enjoyment ahead. Make me a loyal fan for liiiiiife!

May 28, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #33 of 201
Hello Nankai,

I think you should give the headphones to me for a few (hopefully compelling!) reasons:

#1. Upon receiving the headphones, and listening for a while of course, I will go right onto head-fi and write a detailed review. (within a week)
#2. I have a large assortment of IEM's and a few full sized headphones with which I can compare the RE-Zero's in my review
#4. I have never used a head-direct product before, so I am completely curious, naive and unbiased.
#3. I am not a pro reviewer or audiophile really - just a normal everday consumer who knows what he likes. I know reviews from this perspective are most useful (and hardest to find!) to me when I am buying equipment, and I think a lot of headfi users will appreciate my simple and direct approach to reviews. Hopefully that would translate into a lot of sales for you!

#4. I don't need to keep another set of headphones. I already have a set that I love. Therefore, once I listen and review them, I will pass on the Re-Zero's to another curious/deserving head-fie'r to try out and then pass on as well. Wash, rinse, repeat.

#5. If I like the headphones, I would buy my own pair in order to support head-direct

Conclusion: My reasons for wanting these are almost entirely non-selfish, a rare thing for me! (of course, wanting to try out new toys is a bit selfish, hence my use of almost in "almost entirely unselfish" 
ksc75smile.gif
)

Also, giving me the headphones will benefit headfi (my review and "pass-em-on" plan) as well as Head-Direct (exposing more than just one user to the product, as well as a review).

I hope you will consider me when choosing the winner!

Thanks,

Andy

May 28, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #34 of 201
I think kostalex should receive a sample pair, even though he hasn't voted in this thread. Here's why
wink.gif
:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/405947/re0-rivals-er-4s-beats-e500-and-er-4p

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/468941/re252-takes-the-best-from-er-4s-and-re0

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/243576/7-best-earbuds-rated-the-winners-are-yuin-pk1-audio-technica-ath-cm700-yuin-pk2

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/371235/earbud-buyer-s-guide-feat-ok1-pk1-ok2-k319-pk2-ath-cm700

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/424109/best-clip-ons-yuin-g1a-ath-ew9-ksc-35km-modded-ksc-35-yuin-g2a-mdr-q68lw-diy-grado-clip-ons-ksc-75

May 28, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #35 of 201
Because the RE0 is absolutely awesome for the price, but needs more bass?

I could write a direct comparison to the RE0 (which I bought right before I found out about the ZERO, so there's a good reason). As well as one to the Grado SR60i, my first "real" headphone and a very popular one in the price range. I already consider the RE0 an even match for it in terms of overall quality, perhaps beating it. If my review ultimately favors the RE-ZERO, you're going to sell out a little quicker (though I'll give it a fair review) 
biggrin.gif

Also, I've already got a limited edition headphone for desktop use, and want one for portable use? 
redface.gif

Also also, because I may someday buy an HE-5 or equivalent from you? Think about it, returning customer and able to compare it with not only its predecessor but a (close) price competitor as well.

May 28, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #36 of 201
I would to try a sample of your new product because I have read great things about your existing products but have never had an opportunity to listen to any.  As such, i would be a completely unbiased reviewer (if there is such a thing,
devil_face.gif
).  Also, because I believe in karma and good things will accrue to you for such a selfless gesture. 
beerchug.gif

May 28, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #37 of 201
Head-Direct, 

I feel that I should get a sample of this highly-anticipated product because I am fairly new to the hobby of head-fi and collecting high quality IEMs and the like; yours would be the first product that I own that'll be considered "hi-fi". The only reason I don't already have an RE0 (which I've been giving serious thought into) is because I heard about the RE-Zero coming out, and decided to wait and hear just how awesome it is purported to be. I've never written a review before, but I have no doubt that what amounts to be an upgraded version of an already outstanding IEM will be absolutely mindblasting, and that combined with my unbiased nature in terms of sound signature preference, etc., would make a review that I write on the RE-Zero very neutral, fair, and probably also very positive.

Also, I am a high-school student and would not often be able to afford products such as these; however, even with my relatively meager collection of a pair of Nuforce NE-6s and Sennheiser PX100-IIs, I have something of a reputation amongst my friends as being quite into this hi-fi business; if I were to acquire a sample of the RE-Zeros, which I've no doubt will sound miles above anything my friends are using, I would undoubtedly share my listening experience with my friends. My friends all listen to Skullcandy products or the buds that came with their various mp3 players; if I, by some miracle, happen to stop (probably by being forced to :p) listening to the RE-Zeros, I would definitely give them a chance to listen and see what they're missing out on, and give them a quick push to your doorstep. 

On a more personal level, I am an avid music lover, particularly of the metal genre - if not for my headphones, I definitely have a reputation for being the metalhead of my school, one of few anyways. On any given school day, I'm probably listening to music at least half the school day, and when I'm out of school, it's probably 3/4 of the time. On weekends and such, unless I'm out with my friends (in which case I'd only be listening to 1 year), or something, I'm more or less listening 100% of the time, stopping only to give my ears a break. Music is huge in my life, and I love music. (for any avenged sevenfold fans here, just preordered the limited edition of Nightmare, and I'm planning to go to the show when they come to my city 
biggrin.gif
).

Also, head-direct and the RE0 have been touted as some of the best, almost game-changing in terms of hi-fi, and such a quality hi-fi item would be a massive push in what may well be a lifelong hobby - it'd be a great thing to look back in 10 years or so, and remember the RE-Zeros, the IEM that sparked it all. Or perhaps I wouldn't even have to remember; hopefully I'd still have them
tongue.gif
. All my life, I've been listening to sub-par music reproduction systems with bloated bass, etc. Even my higher-quality 'phones that I currently possess have a heavy bass emphasis. I would be extremely keen on taking a listen with your RE-Zeros, which, with slightly more bass than the RE0s would probably sound very natural, and as the artist intended - such an analytical sound is one that I'm very keenly interested in experiencing after having only listening to heavily-coloured 'phones.

Above all, I feel that I should receive a sample of this product because of my love for music, and my desire to share with my friends products such as the RE-Zeros that can convey the beauty and power of music flawlessly. Yes, I can and will write a review for the RE-Zeros, perhaps not as well as Joker or ClieOs (due to lack of their immense experience), but a review nonetheless. However, that is not the only thing that will come out of sending me a pair of them; they would become an integral part of my day-to-day life, and, due to my inevitable raving, those of my friends 
tongue.gif

May 28, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #38 of 201
Like everyone else here, I would like to receive a pair of the RE-Zeros. I've made my way up Head-Direct's IEM line, from the RE2 to the RE0 to the RE252 and felt that each iteration was an incremental improvement on the previous product. Having no way to go but up, I would like to see what Head-Direct has come up with for the anniversary celebration of one of the most highly-regarded IEM lines in existence. I won't claim to be the RE0's biggest fan (I think that honor belongs to Pianist
tongue.gif
) but I can appreciate good sound and, most of all, good value as much as the next person and the Head-Direct IEMs, especially the RE0, really hit that nail on the head. 

And of course the RE-Zeros would be added to my IEM review thread and compared to my modest arsenal of other in-ears, for what that's worth. 

May 28, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #39 of 201
if i were allowed two votes, i'd give my second to joker up there ^ :D

May 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #40 of 201
I havent been on Head-Fi for long but I think the first few Zero's should go to some of the reviewers on this website. ClieOS and Joker are the two i can think of off the top of my head.
I was looking to purchase the RE-0 anyway but if you would like to offer me one ill be grateful =D
If not at least give me a chance to pay for it

May 29, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #41 of 201
I am very curious how the Zeros improved over the 0s.

The fundamental problem I have with my 0s is that I keep "loosing" them to my friends who are too much chicken to order themselves from a Chinese online vendor.

May 29, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #42 of 201
Dear Nankai,

I am requestor #3 on this list.  I'd like to amend my request for a sample. After burning in and trying I would send it to ClieOS for his use and impressions.

If I like them, I'll buy a pair and broadcast how they were just what I needed in my collection. Of course, that's the best review.  But I truly appreciate the way ClieOS compares iems and is so responsive to questions.  I want to hear his comparisons with other iems (including RE0).

That would be a lot of fun.  I have a feeling I am going to want something with more clarity and detail to contrast with my other phones...thanks again and congrats on all of the success with the RE line!

Cee Tee

May 29, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #43 of 201
I'm a huge fan of Head Direct ever since I bought the RE2 which I'm still using. I've tried the RE252, RE1,RE0 and PK3 as well. All seem to be great products and it has made me believe Head Direct is one of the best manufacturers out there.

I personally love the RE0, they are the most detailed IEMs I have ever heard. I have been looking to get a pair of RE0 since quite a while but never managed to. RE-Zero seems to be a another great IEM in your lineup and I am very keen to hear for myself how they can be an improved version of an already awesome sounding RE0! If it really is better than the RE0, I would be very happy to receive an RE-Zero.

May 29, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #45 of 201
i think i should get a sample because i ordered something from you guys and it took about a month to recieve. You actually shipped me out the wrong thing.Then said my item wasn't in stock after numerious emails we sorted it out. Ms T is familar and knows all about this...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back