RE ZERO and the Law of diminishing returns
Feb 10, 2011 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jamesfonda

Head-Fier
Hello,

I thoroughly enjoy reading the site and forums but have never posted before.

I've had the ZEROs for a month or two now and really like them. I previously used the CX300s and the difference was astounding.

My question is this, apart from customs, are there any IEM headphones out there that will provide the same massive jump in sound quality? Like is the difference between a MTPC or CK10 or SM3 headphone and the ZEROs as big as the difference between them and CX300s or SkullCandys? Or is it just a question of what sound you're into?

I know I've given examples of 3 very different phones from each other as far as sound signature goes, but according to the forums, they all sort of sit in the same realm/tier, no?

Thanks for any replies :)

Feb 10, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #2 of 3
I think the major jumps in quality are Low-end(CX300) > Mid-range(RE ZERO) > Top-tier(SM3), and from there, there's the jump into custom territory.

It might not seem as drastic to you, but the shift is certainly there.

Feb 10, 2011 at 7:59 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks! I've decided to enjoy the ZEROs for at least 6 months - year before making the next jump. Who knows what might be on the market by then? :)

If nothing I suppose the next logical step would be CK10 judging from other people's posts here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back