Re create the Vaccum like Feel of Beats/Bose
Jul 10, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #16 of 30
If you want a great seal, how about custom IEMs? They seal up nicely and don't let air in.

You might enjoy the feel of other full-sized headphones. A Sennheiser HD-600 fits closely and hugs your head. Not quite the same, but comfortable and pleasant.

Jul 10, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #17 of 30
still slightly confused on what this vacuum seal is..
is it more comfortable? because i feel like if anything it would decrease sound quality

thats why they made open phones. to get away from the closed in stuffyness of lack of air.

but if you really want a vacuum seal i feel like the best bet is some decent iems.
especially since there meant to have a good seal. 

Jul 10, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #18 of 30

Quote:
still slightly confused on what this vacuum seal is..
is it more comfortable? because i feel like if anything it would decrease sound quality

It does.  Those drivers need to move air, man, and plenty of it! 
gs1000.gif

Jul 10, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #19 of 30

Quote:
It does.  Those drivers need to move air, man, and plenty of it! 
gs1000.gif

thats what i thought the general consensus was!! i see the appeal of beats to casual music listeners who have money to burn on brand names, but i just think its kind of shifty marketing. lets take this monster hdmi cable for example

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-M1000-HD-25-Ultimate-Speed/dp/B000U90DC6/ref=sr_du_2_map?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1310276047&sr=1-2

150$ for a cable that carries a digital signal over 8ft. absurd.
am i correct in saying that the signal is digital and would lose no quality over short to medium distances when ran through a 5 dollar cheapy? 

Jul 10, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #20 of 30

Quote:
thats what i thought the general consensus was!! i see the appeal of beats to casual music listeners who have money to burn on brand names, but i just think its kind of shifty marketing. lets take this monster hdmi cable for example

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-M1000-HD-25-Ultimate-Speed/dp/B000U90DC6/ref=sr_du_2_map?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1310276047&sr=1-2

150$ for a cable that carries a digital signal over 8ft. absurd.
am i correct in saying that the signal is digital and would lose no quality over short to medium distances when ran through a 5 dollar cheapy? 

i have an $8 hdmi cable i bought at a dollar store. good durability and it's 20 feet.
8 freaking dollars. anyone who buys that is a freaking moron. all it has to send is 1s and 0s. if any of those 1s and 0s don't transmit then there is no signal. i can't believe how stupid people are.

Jul 10, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #21 of 30

Quote:
i have an $8 hdmi cable i bought at a dollar store. good durability and it's 20 feet.
8 freaking dollars. anyone who buys that is a freaking moron. all it has to send is 1s and 0s. if any of those 1s and 0s don't transmit then there is no signal. i can't believe how stupid people are.

exactly! analog is a completely different case, but hdmi.. it either works or it doesnt plain and simple. you could run it through a rusty nail. some of these cables transmit faster, but its unnoticeable. especially at normal distances.

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #22 of 30

Quote:
exactly! analog is a completely different case, but hdmi.. it either works or it doesnt plain and simple. you could run it through a rusty nail. some of these cables transmit faster, but its unnoticeable. especially at normal distances.

even if there was a difference i couldn't justify $150 for a cable.

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #23 of 30

Quote:

if you ask me its highway robbery

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #27 of 30
He seems to have had a bit of fun.

Jul 14, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #29 of 30
i guess youll just have to try them and find out
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #30 of 30
That reinflating ear pads sound very much like memory foam. Maybe visit a computer store and see if the laptop cases there feel anything like the pads. Or maybe a furniture shop for the memory foam pillows. Those coupled with that thread about DIY earpads should provide for a good number of useable pads.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back