Re create the Vaccum like Feel of Beats/Bose
Jul 8, 2011 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

TestSubject

100+ Head-Fier
I Passed by an Apple store today and people looked at me weird with my M50s trying on some beats. I Heard lots about how overpriced they are in comparison to the sound they produce. Yes im glad i went for a pair of M50s.

Now to the point, well to be honest i kinda enjoyed the Vacum like experience of the cushions agains your ear (solos) i was wondering if it would be possible to recreate

Any one want to share his point of view on the subject?

PS: Dont hate me

Jul 8, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #3 of 30
Good one haha...ha...ha

Back on the topic, i understand the principals, the cushions when pressed to your ears de-inflate creating a vacum like sensation, wish seems to transfer sound in an enjoyable way while separating you from the rest of the outside noise.

Will try reproducing something similar tomorrow with different types of foams and covering materials.

Would enjoy some other point of view.

Jul 8, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #5 of 30

Quote:
i kinda enjoyed the Vacum like experience of the cushions

wait are you serious. i tried them on and the vacuum like experience made my ears hurt. i don't know how anyone could like that.

Jul 9, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #6 of 30
i love apple, but i really do hate them for having beats in the showrooms instead of real phones

Jul 9, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #7 of 30
I know what you mean about the Vacuum thing. Bose Triports are the same way. Perhaps the most comfortable cans I've ever worn. But they're overpriced rubbish.

Jul 9, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #8 of 30

Quote:
i love apple, but i really do hate them for having beats in the showrooms instead of real phones

What i Really hate is how people are CONVINCED that the beats are the best headphones around... but in a way i cant blame them to much, coming from world of apple buds the beats do sound good. But i wish advertising would be done right. I mean i live in France and the French Best Buy, La Fnac, only carry skull candies beats and others you pay for the look headphones. And after seeing advertisement and only seeing those kind of cans in stores why would people bother going online to buy a pair they never heard of or even saw before let alone they never listened to? I mean i had to order mine in a music shop to even have a try before you buy experience and thats only a pair of M50s...

But yea apple is awesome and remember that not to long ago, it was the same for apple, but now it has changed.

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #9 of 30
I don't remember a vacuum when I tried the Beats.  You could get RE0, it is easy to get a suction-y seal with those.  It is hard to get a good seal without the suction.  (Is that what you mean?)

Jul 9, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #10 of 30

Quote:

What i Really hate is how people are CONVINCED that the beats are the best headphones around... but in a way i cant blame them to much, coming from world of apple buds the beats do sound good. But i wish advertising would be done right. I mean i live in France and the French Best Buy, La Fnac, only carry skull candies beats and others you pay for the look headphones. And after seeing advertisement and only seeing those kind of cans in stores why would people bother going online to buy a pair they never heard of or even saw before let alone they never listened to? I mean i had to order mine in a music shop to even have a try before you buy experience and thats only a pair of M50s...

But yea apple is awesome and remember that not to long ago, it was the same for apple, but now it has changed.

i agree. i feel like for apple at least, there was always a market for there computers where they were considered bar none top quality. if your doing video editing or anything to do with media apple is top choice.

beats are so popular because you have dr dre and monster backing them, and you have guys like randy moss wearing them around his neck in interviews. yeah they have lots and lots of bass and so many people think thats what makes a good headphone. they just dont know the difference

Jul 9, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #11 of 30

Quote:
I know what you mean about the Vacuum thing. Bose Triports are the same way. Perhaps the most comfortable cans I've ever worn. But they're overpriced rubbish.

Would it be as easy as fiting the pads on another better headphones? Wish i could try.

Quote:
I don't remember a vacuum when I tried the Beats.  You could get RE0, it is easy to get a suction-y seal with those.  It is hard to get a good seal without the suction.  (Is that what you mean?)

I was more thinking of a over the ears pads (i know the solos are on the ears design but if the Triport are like that as well)

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #12 of 30
I don't get it.  You get a "vacuum effect" with the Bose Triports around-ear?  I've had the on-ear before, certainly no "vacuum effect" of any kind, but you get this with the Beats?

Jul 9, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #13 of 30

Quote:
I don't get it.  You get a "vacuum effect" with the Bose Triports around-ear?  I've had the on-ear before, certainly no "vacuum effect" of any kind, but you get this with the Beats?

actually yes. i hate the vacuum effect personally.

Jul 9, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #14 of 30
It kind of clamps down and pushes air out, then the cushions puff up again and don't let air back into your ears. It's interesting. Very isolating.

Jul 9, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #15 of 30

Quote:
It kind of clamps down and pushes air out, then the cushions puff up again and don't let air back into your ears. It's interesting. Very isolating.

i had this what is happening to me feeling. Very interesting... any ways to re create it? Is it a matter of switching pads? Will they even fit on a pair of M50s for exemple? Dont have any friends with Triports

Users who are viewing this thread

Back