RE-400 vs. BA200
Nov 7, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #18 of 24
  Bump.  I'm trying to decide between these two.  Can anyone give any more comparisons?

I had two pairs of Re-400's and loved both until they broke... the connection to the audio jack is too fragile. After the second pair broke I bought the BA200s. Overall, I preferred the RE-400 by a lot. For me, I find it a bit difficult to get a good fit with any set of tips on the BA-200. If the stars align and I happen to get a good fit then they are better than the Re-400's sound quality wise. However, with the RE-400's I could just jam them in my ears (and they are so comfortable that I could barely tell they were in there) and get great sound everytime. For sound on the go (I have full-sized headphones for serious listening), I'll take a tiny hit in sound quality for comfort and ease... But since they kept breaking I can't easily recommend them unless you are super careful with them (I like to keep some IEM's in my pockets at all times). 

Nov 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #19 of 24
  Bump.  I'm trying to decide between these two.  Can anyone give any more comparisons?

I have both and the BA200 continues to get more head time. It's like clieOS says, the BA is the better of the two. IMO the only reason the RE400 earns a comparison is because its midrange is stellar. And part of the reason it is stellar is because it is framed by less than stellar bass/treble. The BA200 sounds good up and down the spectrum. Plenty of warmth yet retaining all of the accuracy expected from a pair of BA drivers. 

Nov 7, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #20 of 24
  I have both and the BA200 continues to get more head time. It's like clieOS says, the BA is the better of the two. IMO the only reason the RE400 earns a comparison is because its midrange is stellar. And part of the reason it is stellar is because it is framed by less than stellar bass/treble. The BA200 sounds good up and down the spectrum. Plenty of warmth yet retaining all of the accuracy expected from a pair of BA drivers. 

Thanks.  How do the BA200 compare to the Ortofon e-q5?

Nov 8, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #22 of 24
A few days ago I ordered a DX50 DAP. As my RE0s have been broken for a while, I also ordered a pair of re400s.

I've read that they don't pair well with the DX50, and the BA200s are nicely priced on amazon so I just ordered a pair of those too. Kind of went on a buying binge. I'll be able to compare them soon. I'll probably start with my dying zune or computer (unamped) as a crappy source since I'll be waiting on the DX50 until later this month.

Nov 8, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #23 of 24
I think the BA200's will pair well with the DX50 but that's just my guess. The BA200's are pretty laid back so a more aggressive/bright source should do them some good.

Nov 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #24 of 24
I think the BA200's will pair well with the DX50 but that's just my guess. The BA200's are pretty laid back so a more aggressive/bright source should do them some good.

I can confirm. They're my primary IEMs with the DX50. The warmth of the 200 works quite well with the brightness of the 50!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back