RE-400 a couple of questions
Oct 29, 2014 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

YTCrazyTieGuy

Head-Fier
Hi, I have a couple questions about the RE-400.

First of all, should the stock eartips be enough for finding a comfortable fit? (the stock small Ety triple flange is a bit too big for me, so I think I have thin ear canals)

Secondly, do any of you hear a mismatch between the left and right earpieces on the RE-400? both Rin Choi's blog and Innerfidelity show a slight mismatch in the 2k-4k range. If any of you could test this with a slow mono sweep form 1k to 5k and listen for the position that would be great.

Thanks!

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #2 of 3
  Hi, I have a couple questions about the RE-400.

First of all, should the stock eartips be enough for finding a comfortable fit? (the stock small Ety triple flange is a bit too big for me, so I think I have thin ear canals)

Secondly, do any of you hear a mismatch between the left and right earpieces on the RE-400? both Rin Choi's blog and Innerfidelity show a slight mismatch in the 2k-4k range. If any of you could test this with a slow mono sweep form 1k to 5k and listen for the position that would be great.

Thanks!

The tip assortment is enough to tip roll you into a good fit. I have slim ear canals too and he magic tip for me was the HiFiMAN bar-tips(above pic -extreme right). These tips are slimmer and slightly longer and seal deeper into the canal. For a shallower seal the small double-flange tips work but tire me after a while. I would have had a serious issue if the bar-tips weren't included. 
The included comply tips would fit too, but alters the sig (for me at least). 

I tried the sweep and couldn't notice any significant imbalance or mismatch. 
Aside: Wow, these do extend deep. Pity it isn't as evident during actual listening sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back