1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

RE-400 a couple of questions

1. YTCrazyTieGuy
    Hi, I have a couple questions about the RE-400.

First of all, should the stock eartips be enough for finding a comfortable fit? (the stock small Ety triple flange is a bit too big for me, so I think I have thin ear canals)

Secondly, do any of you hear a mismatch between the left and right earpieces on the RE-400? both Rin Choi's blog and Innerfidelity show a slight mismatch in the 2k-4k range. If any of you could test this with a slow mono sweep form 1k to 5k and listen for the position that would be great.

Thanks!

2. getclikinagas
    InTheBox.jpg

The tip assortment is enough to tip roll you into a good fit. I have slim ear canals too and he magic tip for me was the HiFiMAN bar-tips(above pic -extreme right). These tips are slimmer and slightly longer and seal deeper into the canal. For a shallower seal the small double-flange tips work but tire me after a while. I would have had a serious issue if the bar-tips weren't included. 
    The included comply tips would fit too, but alters the sig (for me at least). 

I tried the sweep and couldn't notice any significant imbalance or mismatch. 
    Aside: Wow, these do extend deep. Pity it isn't as evident during actual listening sessions.

3. YTCrazyTieGuy
    Thanks!

I think ill wait till a couple more people comment on channel balance and then ill buy them.