Razer Electra.
Dec 4, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #50 of 123
Quote:
I meant the rim looks thin... It looks not sustainable.
How are the sound leaks?
Isolation?
How deep are the earcups
Quality of sound?
Asking you would be best as you own them literally.

The cups are about 3/4" deep and are very soft. Your ears will probably touch the edges of the pads, but as they do not clamp tightly this is not uncomfortable.

Isolation is lower than average, like pressing pillows to your ears with medium strength. They reduce outside noise by about half. 

Sound leakage is minimal, at medium-high volumes I cannot hear a great deal of noise leaking out from 2 ft away.

Sound quality is excellent for the price, with a very good soundstage for a closed can under £100. The headphones are fairly balanced, with a slightly warm and bassy tilt.

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #52 of 123
I also want to know how do analog work.... like roccat kave where you need to have ports connected which are at the back of your pc ? How do you even use the headphones, would the cable be extremely long? also is there any way to buy leather padded covers for the corsair 1500?

Also I still need suggestions :x

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #54 of 123
@OP, you seem far more interested in a gaming headset than a actual headphone, so my final advice is to just go and buy a headset. The Sennheiser PC360 or Beyerdynamic MMX are the only headsets I feel comfortable recommending however.

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #56 of 123
Their quality control is just not very good, but that does not mean you will always get faulty products, just more chance. Also their products tend to break with time, as a result of poor QC. Personally all of my Razer stuff I've got so far has been holding up fine until I sold them, except for a mouse with a squeaky wheel, which I RMA'd for a new one.

Razer is actually well loved everywhere except here. Most of the time, people with Razer stuff love them until they break. Then they do more research and find more worthwhile and *ghetto* brands. That's how it goes. If you want to get a *gaming* headset of any brand you'll most likely be going down the same route.

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #57 of 123
Yea i want sustainable headset as well as all the other things I mention... Which is why I really want to make a good decision on what I want to buy atm....

So.. Now I got these

Razer kraken pro (Need review on the specs which I needed about these headphones)
Corsair vengance 1500 + leather replacement earpads.. because I hate dust attracting micro fiber (Still need review on the specs which I needed about these headphones)
Electra, alot of mixed views.. I'm not too sure if anyone can "Confirm" it ish, about it's sound quality and the mic compatibility with PC and the sound quality in FPS or gaming in general.

That's basically it so far... Please help me out, I need something or a answer before the end of this week!

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #58 of 123
Quote:
Yea i want sustainable headset as well as all the other things I mention... Which is why I really want to make a good decision on what I want to buy atm....
So.. Now I got these
Razer kraken pro (Need review on the specs which I needed about these headphones)
Corsair vengance 1500 + leather replacement earpads.. because I hate dust attracting micro fiber (Still need review on the specs which I needed about these headphones)
Electra, alot of mixed views.. I'm not too sure if anyone can "Confirm" it ish, about it's sound quality and the mic compatibility with PC and the sound quality in FPS or gaming in general.
That's basically it so far... Please help me out, I need something or a answer before the end of this week!

Try a gaming/tech website. Most people here won't have any gaming headsets.

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #59 of 123
Quote:
Try a gaming/tech website. Most people here won't have any gaming headsets.

Enough people already suggested both headphones and headsets geared for gaming, but the OP chose to disregard that and continue to look at PC headsets that are simply worse than any of the suggestions given, from the CAL! to the AD700 + Zalman clip-on mic and the Sennheiser PC360, three options that significantly surpass any of the fluff that Razer, Tritton, Steelseries, Turtle Beach, Corsair, etc, have released.

So, good luck, OP.

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #60 of 123
You've mentioned the Kave a few times, so I will pitch my opinion in. The Kave are "the" headset to get in its price range. They are very powerful, great feature set, great microphone & directional sound is awesome. I've actually found myself using it for everything (until K167 come in) Roccat is a german company and I have their gaming laptop & the kave and both are quality products. I've tried the logitechs and corsair but I didnt like it as much. Turtle beach is good too but their cans are so cheap & when I use my Z1M people What at the mic quality. + The headset has rumble! I've gone through so many headsets its not funny anymore :frowning2: My latest victim was the Creative Tactic Sigmas *This company offers NO support! gah) Kave have survived my torture ( *Running over cables, tripping while on skype and crashing to the floor **getting jerked out of pc input suddenly, etc) since  last december.

(Soundwise both mic & audio its decent)

Thats for over-ear.... though if you want a small portable kickass one... AKG GHS1 is my personal baby for that. Downside? stupid fixed-position mic may have you talking louder then usual.

From your other post:

Does anyone have experiences of these headphones?
> *Raises hands and waves around wildly*

How well do they block sound or isolate sound?
> They block sound pretty well, its not a "light" headset in the slightest. I cant hear anything when Im using them, everyone has to come and open my door to get attention *Door is in visual sight*, but when I reply they always say to not yell so....Isolation nobody has complained, and with a good seal I wouldn't think they leak as its closed-back.

How deep is the earcups
>Not sure, but It does not feel like your ears are trying to get cramped into the cups (Like the Tactic Sigmas)

because I think electra is what I wanted but I don't know if that is good as it's not a 5.1 surround sound, so fps may not be as high quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back