Razer Electra.
Dec 3, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #33 of 123
Quote:
Razer Electra
Corsair 1500 (I need a review on this, about the specs I need) Hate the foam they use, dust attracting. Unless there is a version where it uses a plastic foam instead
Corsair 1300 (I need a review on this, about the specs I need) Although I heard these isolate, somewhere.. Also heard the 1300 is better than the 1500 then with all this analog crap.. I don't know People say it's really bad..
Logitech G35 (I need a review on this, about the specs I need)
I need more suggestions
frown.gif
or maybe electra is the choice

Here are the Jaycars

http://www.jaycar.us/productResults.asp?keywords=AA2065&keyform=KEYWORD&SUBMIT.x=16&SUBMIT.y=10'

$60 USD.

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #34 of 123
Quote:
I am a proud owner of a razer mouse and keyboard! I would have paid 30 maybe 40 dollars more for them.... Ok enough fanboying.
Their audio products ARE overpriced, not to mention they suck. (they are better than skullcandys IMHO)
Edit: to OP, invest in some more expensive options, and put a bit of research and thought into buying headphones, believe me it's worth it!

Agreed. I should have said their audio. I just assumed that's what people would think I was talking about as its a audio thread. I love their other products. Mice mainly. Their keyboards are decent and price is decent too. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #37 of 123
Nah nvm about that Yogga..
Still need information about Logitech G35 or any other suggestions...
Roccat kave?

or any other suggestion

Electra may be "Overpriced" if you all say so, but it may be the most well suited atm

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #38 of 123
Avoid USB headphones/headsets (such as Logitech G35) at all costs, they bypass higher quality DACs and soundcards and use their own integrated codecs.

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #40 of 123
Quote:
Nah nvm about that Yogga..
Still need information about Logitech G35 or any other suggestions...
Roccat kave?
or any other suggestion
Electra may be "Overpriced" if you all say so, but it may be the most well suited atm

We are trying to suggest headphones that you could then get a attachable mic or desktop mic for. Obviously you want a "gaming" headset with everything on it already so just pick one. They are all crap IMO with the exception of maybe the Sennheiser PC360/350. ( 360 is open back and 350 being closed) That would be my ONLY pick if I HAD to pic a all in one headset. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #41 of 123
Quote:
We are trying to suggest headphones that you could then get a attachable mic or desktop mic for. Obviously you want a "gaming" headset with everything on it already so just pick one. They are all crap IMO with the exception of maybe the Sennheiser PC360/350. ( 360 is open back and 350 being closed) That would be my ONLY pick if I HAD to pic a all in one headset. 

Absolutely. The only headset that is actually recommended is the Sennheiser PC360.

In any case, there are both clip-on mics and boom mics that can be attached to higher quality headphones, a setup that many people run.

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #43 of 123
Forget about that PC audio gear that's overpriced and underperforming. That includes Razer (audio gear, not mice/keyboards), Steelseries (same as Razer), Turtle Beach and Tritton, just to name a few.

A cheap and performing closed setup is a set of Creative Aurvana Live! headphones plus a Zalman clip-on mic.

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #45 of 123
Quote:
But how well does the creative aurvana live compare to the specs I need?
also like in a fps scenario are those good?

For the most part, they fit both your needs.

And they're nice sounding headphones for FPS games, much better than any "gaming" headset (except the Sennheiser PC360).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back