Razer copying the looks of ATH-M50?
Apr 8, 2014 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

nissen1502

New Head-Fier
Have anyone seen the new Razer Adaro DJ headphones? They look identical to the ATH-M50's!

Here's a picture of the adaro's: http://assets.razerzone.com/eeimages/products/15348/images/gallery/razer-gallery-2.jpg

Like even the plug looks like the same one.

Havent beats sued tons of companies for this ****?

Do anyone know if ATH gave them permission?

If no, I hope they crush Razer in court <3

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #2 of 11
I don't agree with you. They do share some similarities, but no way they look like some clone.

FYI the M50 cups are not round and are oval shaped. The plug doesn't look the same at all either. Yes, they're both metal and shiny.

IMO it looks similar to about a dozen different headphones. Kind of the generic "DJ" headphone look.

Oh and the cable is green. AKG should sue Razer!

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #3 of 11
They've got a long way to go to look like a clone.  Don't forget, when you have such doubts, do a Google Image Search to confirm. 
wink_face.gif

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #6 of 11
Audio Technica is probably just making an extra buck by selling their parts to third party manufacturers that don't pose a threat to their market share. They wouldn't even want to sue them.

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #7 of 11
  Audio Technica is probably just making an extra buck by selling their parts to third party manufacturers that don't pose a threat to their market share. They wouldn't even want to sue them.

It doesn't even look that way by far.  Very far.  A few lightyears far.

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #10 of 11
Well then Ultrasone should sue Beyerdynamic (dt660 etc) and Denon should sue AT , AT's new ATH-AX5is is a total rip off of Denon's Music Maniac series's headphones , there are very few companies that come up with a original design , AT is not one of them 

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #11 of 11
only so many ways to make a headphone look, unless you are talking about the Barney Grado's or the My little pony things, one could extend this to all new cars which all seem the same to me anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back