Ray Samuels, THE RAPTOR: A Review
Apr 2, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #17 of 155
At some point, reading the review, it just reminded me that it was clearly along the lines of what Wayne asked not long ago.

Amicalement

EDIT: I hope Ray will offer the same options as for the SR-71 casing...
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2005 at 3:27 PM Post #18 of 155
Very nice review man .

The only thing i would like to experience is this amp with grados - as in my experience - grado cans have a soundstage that is narrow . i am intrigued about what this amp does as you mentioned made it have a stage as full as the sennheisers'.

Apr 2, 2005 at 3:44 PM Post #19 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb
Reading your review I am reminded of an idea I had a few years ago that I never followed up on. Getting a small group of dedicated headfiers together and having a workshop/mini meet with the purpose of enhancing our critical listening skills. I think it would be very enjoyable to get a small group together to relax, discuss and listen to music with the intent of improving our ear. I think it needs to be small as I have a hard time hearing subtle differences when there is noise all around as in a regular meet.

John, that is a great idea, but with the idea of educating beginners, like me. I've made it no secret that I have a difficult time hearing or discerning the subtle differences that others describe. I also have a trouble putting what I do hear into words that, when read by others, will give them an idea of what I am hearing. The only musical training I have is the last 1 1/2 of guitar lessons. Until I joined head-fi, none of this mattered to me.

Ryan, that was up there with the best reviews I've read on this website. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Raptor.

Apr 2, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #20 of 155
recstar24 said:
1raptor_photo_large1500wide-med.jpg

*If I were to sum up this whole review and my impressions of the Raptor in one sentence, it would be this; the Raptor is the perfection of the Ray Samuels’ headphone amp sound that was hinted at and captured well by the HR-2, the Raptor brings to fruition all the things I love and enjoy about music, it is effortless and natural with its rich harmonics and full-bodied sound, and an organic liveliness across the whole spectrum that simply immerses me inside of the music I love and cherish.

Nice review. If it were a human female I would marry one.
tongue.gif

Apr 3, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #22 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24

DungenTa Det Lungt

Isn't this an incredible album? I just discovered it the other day, but I love it already.

Apr 3, 2005 at 5:52 AM Post #23 of 155
Price and availability, approximate, of which there is no mention on the web site?

Apr 3, 2005 at 5:57 AM Post #25 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by bln
Isn't this an incredible album? I just discovered it the other day, but I love it already.

Got any idea where I can give it a preview? I usually give a listen to the snippets on Amazon before I buy but that's not an option in this case. Any online preview opportunities??

Apr 3, 2005 at 6:03 AM Post #26 of 155
Apr 3, 2005 at 6:10 AM Post #27 of 155
hey ryan,
Very nice informative review. It was a great and educational writeup. Hmmm...i can take public transportation and use my "car" money for this amp.

Apr 3, 2005 at 3:35 PM Post #30 of 155

Users who are viewing this thread

Back