Ray Samuels, THE RAPTOR: A Review
Apr 3, 2005 at 11:27 PM Post #31 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by screwdriver
Very nice review man .

The only thing i would like to experience is this amp with grados - as in my experience - grado cans have a soundstage that is narrow . i am intrigued about what this amp does as you mentioned made it have a stage as full as the sennheisers'.

Is the RS-1 not a grado???
confused.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 12:56 AM Post #37 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
Here we start again....
Ray Samuels

It was just a little joke. KenW come to Florida in June and I will buy you a beer!

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:35 AM Post #39 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
Here we start again....
Ray Samuels

It's like being nauseous on a merry-go-round and the operator simply won't stop the darned ride huh Ray?? Almost makes one want to see good ol' Ken move up a few more notches on that list doesn't it??
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nah, I know that wouldn't be fair to the others and I surely wouldn't want to put you in that position. Hey, on a somewhat related note, tyrion mentioned that you'd be in Fla for the meet in early June. What a coincidence!! So will I!! Hey, maybe we can do dinner and discuss the A-10. Have I told you how excited I am about that amp?? The moment I hear you're ready to begin, I'll be selling the Raptor as I know you remember that I'm #1 for that one, right??? Just hope there are no delays. I'd hate to be "Mr. Ampless" again. Not sure how I'd react to that situation if I were in it yet again. Doubt I could be as calm, cool and collected as I have been this time 'round. Hey, looking forward to Fla. We've got a TON to discuss!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:39 AM Post #40 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
It was just a little joke. KenW come to Florida in June and I will buy you a beer!

"A" beer?? Now that's not being a great host!! Make it multiples and throw in some wings and I'm there!
icon10.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 2:15 AM Post #43 of 155
Tyrion:

If you still have the Veda-Audio Dynahi SA around when you get the Raptor, I'd love to see a comparative review. I should be getting my Dynahi SA in the next week or two, but I thought long and hard about a Raptor before pulling the trigger on the Dynahi.

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:40 PM Post #44 of 155
What a beautiful and informative review. Just amazing how someone can put their experience in to words so extremely well. It was one of the best reviews I read. It makes the wait even harder as it already was.

Any one else get their Raptor already besides Billy?

PS. Billy, your review was great as well
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:48 PM Post #45 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb
Reading your review I am reminded of an idea I had a few years ago that I never followed up on. Getting a small group of dedicated headfiers together and having a workshop/mini meet with the purpose of enhancing our critical listening skills. I think it would be very enjoyable to get a small group together to relax, discuss and listen to music with the intent of improving our ear. I think it needs to be small as I have a hard time hearing subtle differences when there is noise all around as in a regular meet.

I had the same idea I been thinking about for the past few years. I purchased a few Stereophile and Chesky training/test CDs but a group session with experienced ears would be so much more educational. We would have to find a place with a good speaker setup. Perhaps an audio store with a good room/setup would be interested in hosting this? But lets not hijack this thread lats start a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back