Ray Samuels, THE RAPTOR: A Review
Apr 6, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #61 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterix
I have a nice tube to try in the 12AU7 position of the Raptor. It's a Sylvania GB-5814A. I already have 2 of these in my amp and have an extra one. A nice tube with crisp highs and smooth, creamy mids. PM me if you are interested in trying it.

Why don't you offer it to KenW...Then he can tell us what he thinks of it....No amp.....damn, that blows
rs1smile.gif

Or maybe you could pass it around...eventually Ken will get a go.....sometime next millenia

Looks like I will have to start looking for tubes.

Apr 6, 2005 at 1:35 AM Post #62 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Why don't you offer it to KenW...Then he can tell us what he thinks of it....No amp.....damn, that blows
rs1smile.gif

Or maybe you could pass it around...eventually Ken will get a go.....sometime next millenia

Looks like I will have to start looking for tubes.

Hey Pinkie......

Smilie%20with%20wet%20tongue%20sticking%20out21.gif

Apr 6, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #63 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Ouch! Must be close to the top. Hey, I can respect that. Would you have a problem getting Ray out of his house for a couple of hours and keeping him occupied?? If not, when would you be free???
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Say Ray, would it be possible for me to switch spots with KenW?

Apr 6, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #66 of 155
Hey Ken, if you want, I could give you a call on Friday night, put my headphone up to phone and let you listen to the Raptor for a while.

Hockey due, just to let you know playoff's start this weekend. Go Black Panthers. Also, the Frozen Four starts Thursday night with the Championship on Saturday.

Apr 6, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #67 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Hey Ken, if you want, I could give you a call on Friday night, put my headphone up to phone and let you listen to the Raptor for a while.

Hockey due, just to let you know playoff's start this weekend. Go Black Panters. Also, the Frozen Four starts Thursday night with the Championship on Saturday.

Yipppeeee, it's drop the puck time. He darts through a defenceman, dekes, takes a peak, he shoots, he scooooooooooooooooooooores! Yep your boy is going to the promised lands.

Tell your boy Good luck from me and tell him to run over them. Yeah Bryan Trottier style.....

Apr 6, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #68 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
Hey Ken you still want a raptor fast?

I really want a cary amp and to be honest having a $1100.00 headamp is pretty worthless and all, esp when I am getting rid of the hr2 and probably just going to go strait speakers...

I plan on having a sr-71 for when I need the headphones..

I'm gonna hate myself for being so......
oh_no_fish.2286050.gif

but how much??

Apr 6, 2005 at 2:06 AM Post #70 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion

Hockey due, just to let you know playoff's start this weekend. Go Black Panthers. Also, the Frozen Four starts Thursday night with the Championship on Saturday.

Well, this is really turning into a nice game of kick the Ken...er....can tonight. Man, I appreciate the offer. What time is good for you? Better yet why not send me the HD25 so I can do a direct comparison? Man, I'm feelin' the love on the board tonight.....

jel.gif

Apr 6, 2005 at 2:07 AM Post #71 of 155
Quote:

not sure..its number one dude

What??? Judas, Traitor we could of milked a few more weeks for crying out loud. We had him at breaking point. He would of sold his stuff off and we could get it cheap!!!! Damn!!!!
rs1smile.gif

Apr 6, 2005 at 2:09 AM Post #73 of 155
Quote:

not sure..its number one dude

Yeah, I know but Ray's pretty good even with his first tries. Sure he gets better with practice but I'm sure you could get...oh, $850 or so.
tongue.gif

Apr 6, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #74 of 155
Quote:

dude i am messing with him...come on me sell the raptor?

lol

Ah, the conspiracy is revealed. Wait just a minute while I write some names down in my get even book. tyrion is #11 and Billy goes to number 12. Pinkie occupies the top 10 all by his lonesome!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 6, 2005 at 2:13 AM Post #75 of 155
Quote:

dude i am messing with him...come on me sell the raptor?

lol

once again, damn!!! I need another pair of rs-1's. Oh well looks like we have to try a littler harder.

RAY>Make him last on the list!!!!!! Ya know you want to!!!!
rs1smile.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back