Ray Samuels SR 71 - Does every headphone sound better with it.
Dec 21, 2005 at 11:55 PM Post #16 of 35
I purchased a SR71 from Todd, and I asked for a black one with white letters. Todd called me and said there were none anymore but he had a silver one.

I received it yesterday, put 2 eveready Titanium and plugged my er-4p. I then used my Grad's 225.

I am very glad of my purchase. I listen to a lot of vocal type of music.

I am impressed. And thankful for Ray's work.

Last night, I was having fun listening to Patricia Barber! It had been such a long time since I had fun listening to music!!!

Dec 22, 2005 at 12:34 AM Post #17 of 35
ive been hearing quite abit about this amp ever since ive felt the need to want an amp for my e4's.

for one thing would this be good choice or is there another amp which does the job better? ive read that this amp is especially good for IEM's.

also where did you lot get these amps from? thanks.

oh yea the price. around $370 or something? abit pricey for an amp aint it? the e4's cost me less!

Dec 22, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by taran
ive been hearing quite abit about this amp ever since ive felt the need to want an amp for my e4's.

for one thing would this be good choice or is there another amp which does the job better? ive read that this amp is especially good for IEM's.

also where did you lot get these amps from? thanks.

oh yea the price. around $370 or something? abit pricey for an amp aint it? the e4's cost me less!

If you do a search in these fora, you'll get your answer. I have been pondering this decision for 4 months. I have no regret, and forgot about the price...

If you have an opportunity to listen to it (and check how Ray is accomodating for his customers: first rate service) do it. Check his website, or his posts about how he treats customers. I have never seen anything like it.

Dec 22, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
i haven't really liked the SR-71 with any cans i've tried it with. that would be CD3000, HD650, HD600, HP-2, PS-1, ER-4S, RS-1, and SR-60.

Give RS a break, or at least make your agenda less obvious like other folks.
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #21 of 35
I see no reason ER would have any kind of agenda one way or another about RS. Just doesn't like the SR-71 sound. That's OK. Like it myself, and don't think ER knows what he's talking about, but different spokes
tongue.gif

Dec 22, 2005 at 2:36 AM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
i haven't really liked the SR-71 with any cans i've tried it with. that would be CD3000, HD650, HD600, HP-2, PS-1, ER-4S, RS-1, and SR-60.

Care to share why you didn't like the SR-71 with your cans? Is it personal preference? I am considering the SR-71 myself, hence, it will be nice to hear from ppl with a different opinion.

Dec 22, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx
Give RS a break, or at least make your agenda less obvious like other folks.
biggrin.gif

i find it to be muddy and congested and i think the soundstage is very constricted. i simply don't like the amp. i've liked just about every other amp i've tried including the headamp AE-1 and GS-1, Eddie Current HD25, 2A3 and DM-1, Headroom Micro, Desktop Portable, Desktop, and Max, SFT Dnyamight, Singlepower PPX3, MPX3 and Supra, Cary 300SEI, XCan V3, Meier HA-1 MkII and Prehead and the Grace 901. i like some of these amps more than others, but none of them have made me say "yuck". the SR-71 makes me say "yuck" when i hear it, with every phone i've tried. the person who started the thread asked if the SR-71 makes all phones sound better and i gave my honest opinion. i would love to hear other RSA products to see if i like them better, but i have not had the opportunity. anyone who thinks i have an "agenda" is simply an ***; there is room for more than one opinion on this forum, whether you like it or not.

Edited for argumentative comments John_jcb

Dec 22, 2005 at 3:57 AM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by vranswer
I see no reason ER would have any kind of agenda one way or another about RS. Just doesn't like the SR-71 sound. That's OK. Like it myself, and don't think ER knows what he's talking about, but different spokes
tongue.gif

And vranswer gives a succinct lesson in calling out an ass, without engendering a rejoinder.
eek.gif

Dec 22, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Like it myself, and don't think ER knows what he's talking about, but different spokes
tongue.gif

I think you might be onto something. It must be the above. Why would anyone have an agenda about an amp?
confused.gif
Certainly no one on head-fi would have an agenda about an amp or a particular manufacturer.

Dec 22, 2005 at 5:40 AM Post #29 of 35
Quote:

tongue.gif

i certainly think i know what i'm talking about, and i think i've heard more than enough gear to make an opinion. that's fine that you disagree, you are still one of my forum buddies
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back