Ray Samuels A-10 or WES for SR-009
Aug 10, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #46 of 57
Quote:
I'm hoping it ends up something like this...

Liquid Glass > Forgiving sweet tube > LCD 3

Of course that's assuming Alex pulls off the Liquid Glass. :wink:

I'm sure he will. 
smile.gif
 That said, I'm not too sure I'd go back to pairing the LCD-X with a forgiving/sweet tube amp (WA22) now that I've heard it with the LF.

His LL got a great write up too on Playback today.

Aug 10, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #47 of 57
Yeah. I've been waiting for the review to drop for awhile. Heck...I was the one that told him it was up. :D

I can see that, but with the LL being current plan I'm fine with waiting on an LF Rev 2 as well.

Quote:
I'm sure he will. 
smile.gif
 That said, I'm not too sure I'd go back to pairing the LCD-X with a forgiving/sweet tube amp (WA22) now that I've heard it with the LF.

His LL got a great write up too on Playback today.

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #48 of 57
Anybody who has an SR-009 and is still uncertain which amp they want to pair with it should book a flight to LA and go to the upcoming meet (link in my sig).  There will be Eddie Current's new stat amp, the BHSE, a DIY BH, and the LL all in one room.  DIYT2 and Aristaeus also possibilities.  

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #49 of 57
Quote:
I can confirm that Sennheiser is working on a new electrostatic headphone and there are already a few prototypes in existence.  I'm not at liberty to discuss it further though. 

I very much hope this new electrostatic headphone Sennheiser's working on, looks and is built similar to the HE-90, i.e. Oval shaped ear pieces and Wood + Metal + Leather with no plastic anywhere. If they do I'll more than likely buy one, but if it looks anything like the HD800 I'll just stick with my SR-009's.

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #50 of 57
Quote:

I very much hope this new electrostatic headphone Sennheiser's working on, looks and is built similar to the HE-90, i.e. Oval shaped ear pieces and Wood + Metal + Leather with no plastic anywhere. If they do I'll more than likely buy one, but if it looks anything like the HD800 I'll just stick with my SR-009's.

i haven't seen it but if it exists i think it's more of a HE-60 replacement

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Aug 11, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #51 of 57
If it's a tweaked out HE-60 or 90 with similar good looks, I'll be waiting with money in hand. But, yeah, if they just poo out some plastic HD800/700 clone I won't even give it a second look.

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #52 of 57
Quote:
i haven't seen it but if it exists i think it's more of a HE-60 replacement

The HE-60 has a similar look to the HE-90 but without the wood and metal, so on that I'd still probably end up buying this new one, but the wood and metal on the HE-90 does make it the best looking headphone I've ever seen.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #53 of 57
Quote:
Compatibility with Stax amps would be a nice, and probably unlikely move.
Oh, and this is obviously not me testing Spritzer's NDA loyalty. Not at all.

I can speak in general terms and I do urge all manufacturers to keep the sets at least close to the Stax standard if they want to release an ESP.  Using the same plug is pretty much out of the question for various reasons but adapters are easy enough to make. 

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #54 of 57
Gotta agree with you guys here. If we do see an HE90 look alike I'm all over it. That and the 007 are my top 2 cans for a beauty contest.

Quote:
If it's a tweaked out HE-60 or 90 with similar good looks, I'll be waiting with money in hand. But, yeah, if they just poo out some plastic HD800/700 clone I won't even give it a second look.

Aug 12, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #55 of 57
you probably mean a meet like the NorCal one we had in February or the LA one coming up here next weekend.

Or he probably means exactly what he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back